What's new

Small Plate?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some pictures of a small eagle plate my brother found several years ago. It has S . Pancoast across the top and NEW YORK across the bottom. It appears to have an iron back.
 

Attachments

  • pancoast front size.webp
    pancoast front size.webp
    122 KB · Views: 322
  • Pancoast front.webp
    Pancoast front.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 317
  • pancoast back.webp
    pancoast back.webp
    174.1 KB · Views: 309
that is cool. I think it's a brass tag from a stove or frying pan or maybe even a ration can. I don't think it's any kind of buckle but it sure is cool. The type of eagle looks 1830's to 50's or so.
 
Upvote 0
From what I could find the Pancoast family must have been pretty prominant in New York. There was an Ashby and Pancoast company that made gas lamps in the 1870's. I believe that tag is older than that though.
 
Upvote 0
I found this one reference from the 1857-8 New York City Directory for Samuel Pancoast, Stoves

3506utd.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I found this one reference from the 1857-8 New York City Directory for Samuel Pancoast, Stoves

3506utd.jpg
Well there you go.

S. Pancoast Stoves. Sounds good. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Sorry about the large URL. I am not real computer savvy. I will give this a green check.
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
Sorry about the large URL. I am not real computer savvy. I will give this a green check.
It took me years to figure out what was stretching the computer screen. :D

Here it is try it next time. http://tinyurl.com/
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom