What's new

Small Resharpened Blade - Field Find

americanartifacts33

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2013
Messages
227
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody beat me to my creek, so I walked a nearby field.. Found this blade and a tool (not pictured)
 

Attachments

  • 2019.03.02 - small blade 2.webp
    2019.03.02 - small blade 2.webp
    225.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 2019.03.02 - small blade.webp
    2019.03.02 - small blade.webp
    263.2 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0
Pretty good consolation prize,nice little knife
 
Pretty cool find. Thanks for sharing.
 
That's a biface that was likely tossed, especially since you live in a flint rich area. We call those "spoiled knives". The hinge fractures on the lower right corner are fatal flaws. They would prohibit the maker from thinning the base for notching and mounting. Of course, it's still a tool as it is and could be used for some jobs. Just my observations as a (long retired) flint knapper. Gary
 
That's a biface that was likely tossed, especially since you live in a flint rich area. We call those "spoiled knives". The hinge fractures on the lower right corner are fatal flaws. They would prohibit the maker from thinning the base for notching and mounting. Of course, it's still a tool as it is and could be used for some jobs. Just my observations as a (long retired) flint knapper. Gary

If you look on the top left corner that is where re-sharpening occurred, I feel like it was used quite a bit. When I get home I ll send a up close picture of where it was re-sharpened. It could've been tossed but that dang thing is still sharp I could use it now. I guess I was getting used to all the worn down creek finds a field find really shows how sharp the tools can be.
 
All thank you!
Here are my most recent find videos




 
one more for you all. I don't know what this is, maybe just a core:

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom