What's new

Small scraper

johnger1

Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
94
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found several scrapers I think, that have a different sort of flaking on one side. Is it different or just everyday flaking? The last two photos show what I'm talking about. The flaking is done in three directions ,one on top and one on each side. Thanks again
DSC09680.webpDSC09679.webpDSC09681.webpDSC09682.webp
 
Upvote 0
That would be a core. It is whats left after taking all usable pieces off of it for other tools. They did use them sometimes as tools if there was enough left over.
 
Cool,I'll put that in the core box.
 
How big, or small is it. Are the flakes taken off it big enough to make a scraper, tool or point typical for your area? Doesn't look like it is anywhere near big enough to be a core.
 
It's about the size of a half dollar.
 
Cores come in all different sizes. I have found them as small as a dime. Just not flat
 
Checkout this tiny scraper I found a few months ago.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2976.webp
    100_2976.webp
    112 KB · Views: 85
DSC08994.webpDSC09000.webpDSC08999.webpDSC08993.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSC08993.webp
    DSC08993.webp
    317.2 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom