CRUSADER said:
Bramblefind said:
Breezie said:
Hey Bramble, I'm thinking it's a saddle shield. What metal is the actual shield? Is it painted black on the front? Neat find, Breezie
Thanks Breezie

I'm not exactly sure what kind of metal it is. My limited knowledge of these kind of things guesses that it is brass and plated with another kind of metal - not painted- the plate almost looks like the color and feels like the tombac button I found at this site.
Is that possible? Were things ever plated with tombac?
Silver Searcher said:
Here is one almost the same

A heart-shaped mount, probably from harness, with a single steel attachment point at the centre.
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=26109&cat=169
SS
aha! Very good - thank you
UKDFD are good at giving references when they exsist, notice none given & '
probably from harness'.
So yes it could probably be one or probably be a furniture
You are quite willing to use the UKFD when it suites your own needs

as you are such a expert on everything, why not start your own website

following me around trying to discredit everything I say, is just making you look the fool that you are
SS