What's new

Small spade or hoe

HeavyFletch

Full Member
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
116
Reaction score
182
Golden Thread
0
Always wondered if that was notched on that one side , or if it was field damge
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0323.webp
    IMG_0323.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0324.webp
    IMG_0324.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0325.webp
    IMG_0325.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0327.webp
    IMG_0327.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
the one on the bottom is slate reap. at least that is what we call it here in GA.
 
Last edited:
None of those are Slate rock. They are all hardstone and made from the Ironstone/Waverly Sandstone I mentioned.
 
OK this area of GA they call different things by different names. THanks
 
None of those are Slate rock. They are all hardstone and made from the Ironstone/Waverly Sandstone I mentioned.
Reap, I find this ironstone here in NC. I think it's the same stone anyway. It will get a rust like patina that can be scraped off. Is this the same ironstone? If so, I've never seen it flaked. Cool!
 
Man you guys have some good looking Hoes:laughing7:I should just say artifacts, all joking to the side they are real nice:icon_thumleft:
 
Haha hey rack we also have plenty of ugly hoes as well ;)
 
Nice artifact find. This hoe is 6 inches. And similar to your find. HH.
 

Attachments

  • jack 726.webp
    jack 726.webp
    448.1 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom