What's new

Small Square Silver Button

RayLJ

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Hi All,

I was searching an old South Carolina plantation house site today and found this button. The plantation was present in the late 1700s/early 1800s. I have found and dated other buttons from this site to around 1810 to 1820, but this one is throwing me for a loop!

It appears to be silver, is smaller than a dime, and square in shape. The front face depicts some kind of starburst, but the back has absolutely no identifying marks. It is in very good shape.

I was thinking that it is probably a button from the cuffs since it is so small... Any thoughts on ID!?

Thanks!
Ray
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20110102_210534.webp
    IMG_20110102_210534.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20110102_210630.webp
    IMG_20110102_210630.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20110102_210707.webp
    IMG_20110102_210707.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 216
Usually from an early cufflink. Definitely Colonial period.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Usually from an early cufflink. Definitely Colonial period.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286424.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom