What's new

Small square..

Jazdo

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.. found this little item while back. The size is half inch by half inch. Material must be lead from the heaviness.Seems
to be two pieces pressed together,but anyhow thought it was a little interesting with the old style #s it seems to have.

Appears to have a 3 on both sides,and possibly another # (1 or 4) and none are raised just scratched on it seems.

Thickness is one eighth of a inch.

Any help is appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • SG1L3653.webp
    SG1L3653.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 426
  • SG1L3654.webp
    SG1L3654.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 422
RELICDUDE07 said:
Looks like a coin weight....

By your pictures relicdude I would say you are right. Thanks

Wonder what the age is.. if they used these as guides for coins.?

Anyone else..
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Man!! You guys rock! :thumbsup: Great I.D.
HH,
Ed
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Since nobody posted a picture of a known weight, I thought I would post a picture of one of mine - a 1 Dram weight from the 18th or 19th century.

You found this sucker in Iowa. Great find.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • apoth6.webp
    apoth6.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
Here you go.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • scale.webp
    scale.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0
Great ID and background :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool find :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Since nobody posted a picture of a known weight, I thought I would post a picture of one of mine - a 1 Dram weight from the 18th or 19th century.

You found this sucker in Iowa. Great find.

Daryl

Thats a complete match BioProfessor kudos to you for pointing that info out Very interesting.

Yes it came from a field in Iowa where I believe a old road ran. Which as far as Iowa is concerned most
likely would have been traveled or inhabited in 1830's at the earliest.

Dont know how it got there :icon_scratch: but am glad it did.
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Since nobody posted a picture of a known weight, I thought I would post a picture of one of mine - a 1 Dram weight from the 18th or 19th century.

You found this sucker in Iowa. Great find.

Daryl

I posted a link to an identical weight on a UK identification site :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Nice work guys and a great find in Iowa!
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
BioProfessor said:
Since nobody posted a picture of a known weight, I thought I would post a picture of one of mine - a 1 Dram weight from the 18th or 19th century.

You found this sucker in Iowa. Great find.

Daryl

I posted a link to an identical weight on a UK identification site :icon_scratch:
Yes Great ID Crusader and here it is.
 

Attachments

  • weight apothecary.webp
    weight apothecary.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom