What's new

Smelled a skunk today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness I didn't find him. I did however find a few things today. 1st pic is some creek finds then on the way home I stopped by a field which was planted in cotton. Found some nice material, scrapers and HBers. Now my question is on the last 1 is it a scraper or a flint?
 

Attachments

  • SDC10690.webp
    SDC10690.webp
    366.7 KB · Views: 136
  • SDC10691.webp
    SDC10691.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • SDC10693.webp
    SDC10693.webp
    476.6 KB · Views: 120
  • SDC10694.webp
    SDC10694.webp
    744.9 KB · Views: 121
  • SDC10696.webp
    SDC10696.webp
    342.5 KB · Views: 141
  • SDC10698.webp
    SDC10698.webp
    346.8 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
Nice finds- better then getting sunked
 
Looks Good! :icon_thumright: The middle one in the first photo looks like it was once used as an awl. As for your question on the last one, If it was found here in my area I would consider it as a small fleshing scraper.
 
I agree middle piece in the first picture is interesting. Why couldn't it have been whole? Just what I would have said if I had found it.
 
I agree middle piece in the first picture is interesting. Why couldn't it have been whole? Just what I would have said if I had found it.

That 1 is a drill missing the tip. Proper name Pencil Drill. That's the only type of drills I find in my area so far. It was hiding between 2 cobbles.
 
To the left of the drill is a notched jasper flake. Don't feel any secondary flaking on the edges so I have no idea why they notched it. To the right of the drill is a scraper/tool reworked from a broken point.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom