What's new

Snake! What Kind?

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
2,871
Reaction score
5,999
Golden Thread
0
Location
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen y'all identify critters, plants, garbage and treasure, so here's a critter one for y'all. Found in the yard here in Panama City, Florida, it's a little aggressive, can't say I blame it, poor thing tossed its lunch! Eyes on on the sides it appears, even though the head is some what wedge in shape. Leaning towards being non-posionous.

DSCN3528.jpg


DSCN3527.jpg


DSCN3526.jpg


DSCN3525.jpg


DSCN3524.jpg


DSCN3529.jpg


Mike
USAF Retired
 
It looks like a Florida banded water snake. They are pretty agressive when messed with but non-venomous. Their markings and color are similar to the cottonmouth and copperheads which are venomous. In other words if in doubt leave it alone.

HH,

shane
 
Upvote 0
grayrat.webp​

Looks like the gray rat snake...I know it's not a cotton mouth, cause he's stretched out and too relaxed. A cotton mouth would be curled up ready to strike. They're mean, aggressive and they will chase you. This rat's not hanging around long enough to look at no snake's eyes.
JC_run.gif
 
Upvote 0
Don't know what kind it is but it is not poisonous. Head and eyes are not shaped right to be poisonous. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Florida Banded Water Snake, see previous post (link) this subject. This ended up being double posted for some reason.

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Made the first post and for some reason it didn't post at that time (received an error message), I have a habit of copying what I post before posting, so when it didn't show up, I pasted the info and reposted and the new post showed up, then a few days later the original post appeared out of cyber-space.

Thanks for merging them into one post.

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom