Snakes..

Hahahahaha I think I woulde of died on the spot.... lovely pics, very unique.

God bless
Peter

spawn00x said:
His were.

Molly said:
Thats a great pic spawn. Are rattlers eyes THAT blue?
Looks like he was fed & resting. Best time to get pics of them I find.

Thanks for posting, great pic.

Molly.

If the eyes are blue they are molting.Getting ready to shed their skin. The pit vipers see mostly by thermal vision but when the eyes are blue they will strike more readily as their vision is clouded.I like the pics Molly. The black snakes are great and the king snakes are immune to venomous snakes and will eat then its their prey. We have some monster Timber rattlers here. I like them all as long as I see them first !!! lol

Here is a favourite of mine, the chameleon.... not sure if you get them over there, but they are a lizard that changes colour depending on mood and temperature. I have seen one go from green to a bright red...... what a sight.

flap-necked-chameleon.jpg

Here is a picture of the head of a King cobra. Mainly found in China / Asia.

king-cobra.jpg

Hope you enjoy,

God bless
Peter

Yep we get them and all over that is one I posted above some where a I like them to!! :icon_sunny:
Not sure about these I just liked the pic ...

Attachments

• 071001145022.jpg
    071001145022.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,819
Looks like those lizards are in some sort of relationship kissing ;D . Are they real?

God bless
Peter

DanL said:
We have a small garden pond in near our front entrance and a larger one out back so get quite a few frogs, toads, and mice and, as a result, quite a few snakes as well. Nothing unique -- just your average garter, northern brown, ring neck, and black rat snakes. For a period of about a week, this black rat snake would spend the afternoon sunning itself on a window ledge by our front door. He'd give visitors who noticed him quite a shock! :D

Dan, thats one reason I like the rat snakes, they don't sly around unlike the copperheads n such. They aint affraid to be seen.
The rat snake in my fist pic was on my chair, I use for a rest after a long walk hunting arrows, before i head home.
Snakes are stronger than I thought. We had a rat snake hanging out the tree, head in a bird box. Obviously after egg/babies.
On go my snake gloves, I tried to get him out the bird box & in no time half his body was in the box. He wouldn't give up. The bird box broke n that box was thick wood & nailed, it broke. Pretty strong critters.

Like your pics. Thanks for posting Dan. :thumbsup:

TnMountains said:
spawn00x said:
His were.

Molly said:
Thats a great pic spawn. Are rattlers eyes THAT blue?
Looks like he was fed & resting. Best time to get pics of them I find.

Thanks for posting, great pic.

Molly.

If the eyes are blue they are molting.Getting ready to shed their skin. The pit vipers see mostly by thermal vision but when the eyes are blue they will strike more readily as their vision is clouded.I like the pics Molly. The black snakes are great and the king snakes are immune to venomous snakes and will eat then its their prey. We have some monster Timber rattlers here. I like them all as long as I see them first !!! lol

Interesting, I never knew that. Thanks Tnmountain. Their eyes fascinate me the most. I was delighted to get so close to the copperhead (he was in a plastic container though ::), I aint that brave) :D
Thanks for posting Tn. :thumbsup:

pgill said:
Here is a favourite of mine, the chameleon.... not sure if you get them over there, but they are a lizard that changes colour depending on mood and temperature. I have seen one go from green to a bright red...... what a sight.

Here is a picture of the head of a King cobra. Mainly found in China / Asia.

Hope you enjoy,

God bless
Peter

You have experienced something I would love to see Peter. Lizards seem to give me the same reaction as snakes, an uneasiness. Unsure why, I guess its because I hadn't ever seen any before coming to the states. I get so fascinated with critters I haven't seen or photographed before.
Thanks for posting Peter, I sure enjoy your pics/posts. :thumbsup:

Mental Granny said:
The only thing with it was something that said

Mating Lizards....

Lovable lizards ;D Thanks for posting MG. :thumbsup: Love your pics hon.

Thankyou friends. I sure appreciate ya'll taking time out for my thread. :-*
I'm moving house this morning, so not sure when I will be back online. But will check my threads soon as possible...

God Bless everyone.

Molly. :)

Thanks molly, wish you all the best on the house move, look forward to hearing from you soon.

God bless
Peter

Moving is a pain, wish you well! I hope your weather is great I would hat to move aroun here they changed the forcast ! See you back soon!

Well your not the only one out there with the fasination about snakes. That is one of my main hobbies, going to the woods just to find the different snakes that are out there and photograph them. Great pics by the way.
I will put the pics in order of what snakes they are. Black Racer, Chain King, Timber rattler, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, Juvenile coach whip, Gopher snake, Queen snake, baby mud snake and then last but not least me holding the mother of the baby. The mud snake is the only snake that stays with it's eggs until hatching.

Attachments

• woods bay 9 7 08-27.JPG
    woods bay 9 7 08-27.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,716
  • DSCI0279.jpg
    DSCI0279.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,745
  • l_8a0cdbf293494a219afe1777c4ff8bb9.JPG
    l_8a0cdbf293494a219afe1777c4ff8bb9.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 1,740
  • l_b9f29a96827b45f2bf275d0d54925e78.JPG
    l_b9f29a96827b45f2bf275d0d54925e78.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,747
  • DSCI0352.JPG
    DSCI0352.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,737
  • DSCI0293.JPG
    DSCI0293.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,765
  • DSCI0038.JPG
    DSCI0038.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,773
Mobes, those are fantastic Pics...... thanks for showing us. I love the colours in that baby mud snake, is it dangerous at all? This has been an absolutely fantastic topic, a treasure of a different kind for sure.

God bless
Peter

eL-C....I love those pics!I know what ya mean bout those Black Racers..Man are they fast...And aggrivate easily.Had one chase a girl up a tree!It was too funny...
I also like that little Ring neck..I used to catch those in M.D...I would find them under dead bark.I have seen them in yellow,orange ,to a neat looking red.(the neck & belly)

Molly...Thats a very nice pic of a Alole.A female I think,the males have a pinkish to red flap on there throats.When two males see eachother,they start flapin,& flashin those flaps....The whole time doing like push ups...TOO COOL!
Weel theres my two bits...Great photos gang...Geo

This is still a cool thread. I'll be going to Oklahoma in a couple of weeks and get with my son and we'll see if we can't get some more pictures in the field. To further our knowledge, rattlesnakes are 'venomous' not poisonous. Arsenic is poisonous. You can eat rattlesnakes, but you should not eat arsenic. My son gave me that lecture in more detail when he was 12 or so. (haha!) And Peter, snake does NOT taste like chicken, it tastes like snake. We had rattlesnake hunts in Oklahoma and they would cook some. I was disappointed, because they look big and fat, but this was tough and a lot of bones, kind of like a squirrel's back. As long as the carneceria has hamburger meat in stock, I probably won't eat much more snake!

RGINN, you are a better man than me for tasting snake ;D I only take peoples words for what it tastes like ??? I have personally eaten crocodile, Kudu, Wilderbeast, Waterbuck, and Tarrentaal (Guinea Fowl) ;D I must admit they do not taste like anything else either, so I guess you are right about snake :icon_king: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

God bless
Peter

One of the most horrid snakes in our country to get bitten by is the Puffadder. I have heard a couple of stories, one being that you only have a few hours without treatment then you must amputate, the other saying you have between 2 and 4 days to live..... Not sure what is true here. But one thing I do know, is that the bite is terrible.

Puffadder strike.jpg

This picture is of the snake striking..... they say also that this snake has one of the fastest strikes around.

Puff adder bite.jpg

Puff adder bite1.jpg

Puff adder bite2.jpg

Puff adder bite3.jpg

Puff adder bite4.jpg

Like I said, this is one of the most horrid of snakes to get bitten by.

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back