Snakes..

MG, that's pretty funny, as I been there and can just see y'all runnin up to the pickup to get the h--- outta there!

WOW !!! I can't believe this thread is still going.. ;D
I have been offline for a few months but, am back now.
I have seen some snakes since moving to FLA.
Not snakes I would even risk gettin too close to.
I will however see if I can get some shots of the none lethel ones, some are very pretty.

Have missed ya'll. Thankyou for keeping my snake thread going. Thanks everyone for taking the time to post..

Molly. :icon_thumright:

Welcome back miss Molly. You need to see all the cool artifacts found also.Thanks for your monumental thread.

Regards

TnMtns

Yeah, welcome back, miz Molly. I was thinkin of you when I was down there in OK and talked that bullsnake into posing for us.

Hi Miss Molly,

Wow time has gone by very fast... it seemed just like the other day that you dissapeared ::) But it is so good to have you back. This thread is still going on because it is so excellent, and beneficial to our degrading brains :o
Anyway, it is a blessing to have you back, we love ya.....

God bless
Peter

TnMountains said:
Welcome back miss Molly. You need to see all the cool artifacts found also.Thanks for your monumental thread.

Regards

TnMtns

Thanks TN. I've been checking out the Artifacts, especially the Ohio thread, darn, its so good to be back. Nothing better than a fix of flint to start me day.. ::)

RGINN said:
Yeah, welcome back, miz Molly. I was thinkin of you when I was down there in OK and talked that bullsnake into posing for us.

Thanks RG. That is one hell of a pic. Being an ameture photographer, I sure appreciate good pics when I see them. Excellent. :icon_thumright:

pgill said:
Hi Miss Molly,

Wow time has gone by very fast... it seemed just like the other day that you dissapeared ::) But it is so good to have you back. This thread is still going on because it is so excellent, and beneficial to our degrading brains :o
Anyway, it is a blessing to have you back, we love ya.....

God bless
Peter

Thanks Peter, its good to be back. This thread as educated me lots, I knew very little about snakes.
I have seen many snakes here in Florida, just too darn worried to get too close for a pic, so I am buying me a zoom in lense..
I've seen rattlers, cottonmouths, banded & coral snakes.. Until I can determine which are which, I'm staying well clear.. :-\ ;D
50 different types here, so I have some studying to do.. :icon_scratch:
I did manange to get a pic of a black snake though.. :D It was after the baby squirrels, so I chased it UP a tree.. :D
Lemme get organised & I will be posting pics again.

Thanks friends for the kind words... Love ya'll. ::)

Molly. :)

Mental Granny said:
I am glad your back I've not gotton any snake pics Haha! :icon_sunny:
But I heep looking here!

lol. Evy, I would rather you steer well clear of snakes anyways. Thanks for the kind words, i's so good to be back, chatting with my friends. ::)

DigginThePast said:
This thread is creepy... :wink:

Aint too bad, check out the spider threads..lol.

Molly. :icon_sunny:

I managed to get a good skinning lizard pic. ::)
I aint never seen so many lizards, here in FLA.

Attachments

• liz.jpg
    liz.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 626
Unsure what the yellow snake is.
The black snake I chased up a tree, he was after baby squirrels. yeah, I was brave that day. :D

Attachments

• 400snake.jpg
    400snake.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 606
  • TN.jpg
    TN.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 610
i cool pics. last week i went on a nature call behind the shop.while i was watering the grass a 53 inch diamondback was right there about 2ft away. i finished grabbed a pipe and off with his head. it had 7 eggs in her.i dont normally kill snakes but the kids play in that area.

steve71 said:
i cool pics. last week i went on a nature call behind the shop.while i was watering the grass a 53 inch diamondback was right there about 2ft away. i finished grabbed a pipe and off with his head. it had 7 eggs in her.i dont normally kill snakes but the kids play in that area.

Steve
I was thinking that our Timber Rattlers here gave birth their young alive and did not have eggs?????????
But then upon further research :

Life Cycle

While some types of snakes lay eggs, rattlesnakes give live birth. The rattlesnake, however, does have eggs, but the eggs are carried inside the females body. Once the eggs are fertilized they are carried for approximately 90 days. The eggs hatch inside the rattler's body and then she gives live birth to her young. A reproduction
system of this type is called ovoviviparous. The female rattler may contain from 4 to 25 eggs, from which an average of 9 or 10 hearty young are born live.

I love this thread I learned something Thank-you I just assumed that ALL snakes LAID eggs now I know better!

We may be covered up with copper heads and rattlers in the mtns but I saw the prettiest little green snake you ever saw Sunday.I have not seen one in many years. I caught it and let it go and it climbed into a bush and acted like a branch. Wish I had my camera !!!

allen said:
i know i'll catch grief over saying this,
but theres only one good kind of snake,
and that is a very dead snake.

Grief Grief Grief..hahahah Nahh I know what you are saying but so many of the snakes do such a good job on many of the things we never notice.Like the king snake around here love eating the rattlers and copperheads and all snakes keep the rodents down. I understand your feelings many old homesteaders and farmers used to think that way till they learned what role they played

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back