What's new

Sniper coil for Tejon

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Tejon with the stock coil. Some of the sites thati hunt are very trashy. The site that i hunted last week had nails in just about every hole. Pinpointer was almost worthless because of the nails. My Tejon was chattering so i got out my Compadre. I found a 1950 dime & 2 wheat pennies. I'm thinking of getting a sniper coil for the Tejon. Do any of you have a good recomendation? Thanks!
 
Yessir, I have a post below about the Mars lion 7" dd coil on the tejon. Its a great setup for separation in iron sites. It doesn't have the big iron disc. Of a concentric but it is deep and slices through the trash. I've only had the chance to use it in a few field sites because of the weather but what I've seen so far impressed me to the point that I got one for the racer also. Haven't used it yet though.
I like the shape better than an elliptical and the depth is the same as the sharpshooter. Good luck
 
Absolutely, positively - the genuine TESORO 5.75” concentric!! Get one; you won’t be sorry. ^_^
 
Absolutely, positively - the genuine TESORO 5.75” concentric!! Get one; you won’t be sorry. ^_^

That concentric is the one Rusty recently sold me and it does work well in iron. He was claiming similar depth to the stock coil but in my mineralized VA soil I'm not seeing that...but it's a good coil for trash and I'm glad to have it around.
 
I do agree on the 5.75 conc. being a great little coil. I've had a few come and go. What I lack is the patience to cover ground efficiently with them. My fault I know but I just couldn't gel with it.
 
I do agree on the 5.75 conc. being a great little coil. I've had a few come and go. What I lack is the patience to cover ground efficiently with them. My fault I know but I just couldn't gel with it.

They’re pretty much just for when you want to detect in the trashier spots. Yeah; you need more patience with little coils.
They cover a smaller area and you don’t have as much depth - but they’re the best in trash.

BTW - I find that when using the 5.75” concentric on any Tesoro, both the HOT series 4 pin as well as the 5 pin detectors, that discrimination is more consistent and reliable than when using a DD (widescan) coil.
The little concentrics will give the very best discrimination - better than any other coil I’ve tried.
IF you have the patience to use it and you don’t already have one - I’d recommend the 5.75” CONCENTRIC to any Tesoro user - in both the 4 pin and 5 pin version. The newer 6” that comes with a Mojave is also excellent - but not as common on the used market (not as many made).
 
I also have the 5.75 concentric. It's as deep as my little hockey puck on my F75 (known to go deep).

It works well in the trash.
 
They’re pretty much just for when you want to detect in the trashier spots. Yeah; you need more patience with little coils.
They cover a smaller area and you don’t have as much depth - but they’re the best in trash.

BTW - I find that when using the 5.75” concentric on any Tesoro, both the HOT series 4 pin as well as the 5 pin detectors, that discrimination is more consistent and reliable than when using a DD (widescan) coil.
The little concentrics will give the very best discrimination - better than any other coil I’ve tried.
IF you have the patience to use it and you don’t already have one - I’d recommend the 5.75” CONCENTRIC to any Tesoro user - in both the 4 pin and 5 pin version. The newer 6” that comes with a Mojave is also excellent - but not as common on the used market (not as many made).

right! not many mojaves or the coil.. they been 'sucked up" already!
should bring good money in a few years.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
 
..The newer 6” that comes with a Mojave is also excellent - but not as common on the used market (not as many made).

Sorry - just read that again. Meant 7”. ^_^
 
The 5x10 coil like the one on the Lobo super trak is not really a sniper coil but it separates much better than the stock coil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom