What's new

Snyder County, Long Swimming Hole, Middleburgs Cony island in 1900

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,827
Reaction score
76,264
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snyder County, Long Swimming Hole, Middleburg's Cony island in 1900

The Middleburgh post. (Middleburgh, Snyder Co., Pa.), 09 Aug. 1900

1.webp

The Middleburgh post. (Middleburgh, Snyder Co., Pa.) 1883-1916, August 09, 1900, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

? ? ? ?

2.webp

Nov 21, 1938 Aerial

3.webp

2013

a.webp
 
Last edited:
I didn't know that was a swimming hole! Thanks!
 
I have been here twice so far in 2020. Modern coins and beaver tails so far. The borough was easy to deal with.
 
Went here again today. Finally made it around the whole pond. Some more pennies dimes, and trash. I've learned from locals that it was built into what we see today back in the 50's, so the dirt has been moved around from the original swim hole days. They have also updated around it with drain pipes,etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom