What's new

So.....how about PA copper mines????

Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
364
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
I doing some research about silver mines.....and reading a locally published historical book....I've come across strong indication of rich copper mines in my general area of PA. I'm talking back in the 1700's.

Anyone else try tracking down copper mines?

-
 
I know nothing about copper mines, but some of these parks are real ZINC mines :laughing9:
 
I just found out they used to mine copper here in Natrona. One woman was talking at a local meeting and telling us that her grandfather worked the coal mines and he would tell her you could tell the miners apart because the copper miners had green beards...lol.

That was news to me...didnt think Pa had such diversity in ores and minerals. The old mine I found, I discovered the other day was later used as an explosive storage place. Now I wonder what might have been left behind.

Al
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom