whitey9977
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 2, 2012
- Messages
- 42
- Reaction score
- 19
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT propointer (carrot), Garrett ace 250,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
It seems like one of the strangest thing in the world that I would have come to love this hobby so much! I've been a musician and lead singer in a band for ten plus years and music was my passion. Two Christmases ago I was in Dick's looking for ideas for my two little boys and there it was a metal detector! We could go outside and search for things together and bond! Well spring came that year and I mentioned to the boys that we hadn't used the metal detector yet! So we put it together, it was a cheap bounty hunter, and set off to the park for a couple of hours. Well soon enough my boys were bored but I was into it and the excitement of not knowing what would be under the dirt at every hole I dug!!! Well two years later I own an AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro pointer and countless digging tools and pouches! So even though my boys didn't take to their Christmas present like I had hoped it definitely sparked a fire in me! Love to hear others stories due to the fact I can't dig yet again because of another snow storm!
HH
Whitey
HH
Whitey

I've been a CW buff since the 7th grade (a long time ago, trust me); enough so to request a transfer to the South here to be able to visit battlefields and walk the history of what I loved so much. I heard a lot of stories after getting here about farmers kicking up relics with the plow and always thought it would be cool to actually FIND some honest-to-Gus artifacts. Channel surfing a couple months ago I crossed the dreaded "Diggers" show. Now don't get me wrong, I knew already those guys were clowns and most of their finds were likely bogus, and figured there were a lot of serious detectorists watching their moronic antics and shaking their heads while doing the face palm, but it occurred to me that sitting right here where Lee and Johnston and Hardee (and unfortunately Sherman) had left bootprints and not metal detecting was like living on Huntington Beach and not surfing. So $1000 and five trips later I still haven't found a single thing, but I fully appreciate the thrill of wondering what that next signal might be or what could be coming up out of the dark earth. And after reading TNet daily for awhile, now when Diggers is on I shake my head, and do the face palm...








