What's new

So I walk into this bagel store....

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
My five year old son and I were out for a walk the other day when we stumble into a bagel shop. I ordered a couple bagels then while waiting I noticed one of those MS Society quarter donation cards by the tissue dispenser. It was one of those where you stick your quarter in the slot and it holds about ten bucks total. I walked over to it and was thinking about sticking a quarter into one of the slots. All of the sudden my eye was distracted by the bright white glow of one of the quarters already there...I couldn't take my eye off of it until finally I pulled out the quarter and there it was a 1945 silver washington staring at me.... :icon_pirat: Yup - I admit it - I grabbed it and kept it. I did replace it with another quarter but in my shock at seeing this I never added another quarter to the MS Society display. I'm not sure how this relates to the "Karma question" and how good deeds get repaid as I forgot to at leas t toss in a couple quarters - probably will next time - but was certainly entertaining that day! ;D

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Jim,

That one nefarious act has sucked all of the karma out of you. You will be condemned to a lifetime of finding clad. I talked to my local Yogi at the 7/11 and he says that the only way to restore your Karma is to shave your head, put on a toga, and hang out with the other hare Krishna's at Logan Airport for a week.
 
:tongue3: - You were right~next four half boxes were skunks. Worst boxes in a couple months. All I'm finding are Log Cabin pennies and very little silver. They don't bring as much on ebay but one auction just closed at $180 for a $25 box of zinc :icon_thumright:. Got a few more boxes to sell this week but the silver gods must be angry....maybe I'll have to visit that bagel shop and slip that quarter back in and then shave my head just for the fun of it. :headbang:

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom