So Long Explorer 2

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
She did me well but she just wasn't my cup of tea I'm afraid. Too much serious work involved.
I sold it and picked up my third used Tesoro. A Bandido 2 uMax. Gosh my arm and shoulder
are ever so thankful. I knew I wanted a Tesoro again after using the Explorer for awhile.
I only had one opportunity to use the Bandido so far but with this one outing i knew the Bandido would do
exactly what I wanted from a detector. Decent depth. The ability to GB and to be able to swing it
all day without any fatigue. It has great reviews too! Just one 9volt battery to power her up? Unbelievable!
That alone will save me enough money to buy that rare coin I been eyeing at the coin shop.
I hope to post some nice finds for you guys to see real soon!

Irontask

Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab/ Explorer ll/ Sovereign/ Tesoro Tiger Shark
Too bad the Explorer ll didn't work out.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
The Bandito II Umax is a fantastic machine! Glad you picked one up. Many forget that they sold for over $500 new! I tried the Minelab route myself and soon went right back to Tesoro. Picked up a new Vaquero and haven't looked back... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Corben

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
DD-777 said:
The Bandito II Umax is a fantastic machine! Glad you picked one up. Many forget that they sold for over $500 new! I tried the Minelab route myself and soon went right back to Tesoro. Picked up a new Vaquero and haven't looked back... :thumbsup:

You must have planted a seed DD-777! The Bandido is so impressive I just bought a Vaquero, I'm going to look pretty silly swinging 2 detectors at the same time instead of using 2 hands to swing a Explorer!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Corben said:
DD-777 said:

You must have planted a seed DD-777! The Bandido is so impressive I just bought a Vaquero, I'm going to look pretty silly swinging 2 detectors at the same time instead of using 2 hands to swing a Explorer!

And your arms and shoulders will thank you for it... :tongue3:

For the money, they are very hard to beat - especially with a lifetime warranty. I doubt that I'll ever switch up again - the only other machine on my "wish list" is a Tejon. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Corben

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
DD-777 said:
Corben said:
DD-777 said:

For the money, they are very hard to beat - especially with a lifetime warranty. I doubt that I'll ever switch up again - the only other machine on my "wish list" is a Tejon. :thumbsup:
\
Is that a Vargas aviator.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Corben said:
DD-777 said:
Corben said:
DD-777 said:

\

She's a Elvgren girl...

OP
OP
Corben

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
\
[/quote]

She's a Elvgren girl...
[/quote]
Great details! Link?

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Corben said:
\

She's a Elvgren girl...
[/quote]
Great details! Link?
[/quote]

Just google "Elvgren" or Gil Elvgren - should come up. I can't remember exactly where I found this one at. Worse comes to worse, just google pinup art. :thumbsup:

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
I've got a bandito and a soveriegn, I'm keeping them both. They each have thier strong suits, but the tesoro does not have the depth of the minelab. The minelab does not have the speed,or light weight that the tesoro has.

rufus3898

Aug 30, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I am a new cibola user and I know what you mean about the weight! I went swinging for nearly 8 hours the other day with no discomfort whatsoever! All the best with your new tesoro!

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can understand exactly what you are getting at.
I own and use a Troy Shadow X2 quite often when I am not so serious about finding the good stuff.
When I know there is something good in the ground out comes the more advanced detector.

The Explorer series detectors do require a bit of work to learn their secrets and it is heavier.
But there are real advantages for those that can get it figured out.

For a no brainer, beep and dig detector, you cant beat what you have now.
Having two is even better just in case your buddy wants to go along with you.

Metal detectors are tools ... using the right one for the job at hand is half the equation to success ... the other big part is owning and using one long enough to learn how to use it well.
This is a great hobby and offers something for everyone and like many other endeavors in life you get out what you put into it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Willee said:
I can understand exactly what you are getting at.
I own and use a Troy Shadow X2 quite often when I am not so serious about finding the good stuff.
When I know there is something good in the ground out comes the more advanced detector.

The Explorer series detectors do require a bit of work to learn their secrets and it is heavier.
But there are real advantages for those that can get it figured out.

For a no brainer, beep and dig detector, you cant beat what you have now.
Having two is even better just in case your buddy wants to go along with you.

Metal detectors are tools ... using the right one for the job at hand is half the equation to success ... the other big part is owning and using one long enough to learn how to use it well.
This is a great hobby and offers something for everyone and like many other endeavors in life you get out what you put into it.
Willee ..I think a lot of good stuff has been found with a Tesoro detector..Don't become a detector snob.............. Then what you are saying is that the ones that use Tesoro detectors have no brain's ????? Boy are you stuck on your self.......... A love affair with you and you and you.........

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
Willee , I just got a Tesoro i must be a Moron da yep it beeped i better dig da it was only a gold nugget better throw it away..........

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I will second Jim and Kando, I have sold my higher priced, more sophisticated detector just last week, as I have recently bought the Tesoro detectors and really like them. It sounds like I am losing my mind and becoming dumber? Oh well, as long as dumb is fun I will stick with it!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! I picked up my brothers Whites DFX or whatever that computor on a stick is and it reminded me of my days as a carpenter grabbing a nail gun.....not to mention I was off detecting and he was still standing there pushing buttons and what not 10 minutes later. I hardly can tell I have anything in my hand hours into detecting with my Cortes. :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Willee............Darn i am getting dumber all the time i just got myself a Tesoro Cibola now you can really call me stupid ..... What did ...Shanegalang .. call those detectors oh ya ..Computer on a stick .. but our Tesoro's will go just as deep and find the same things your's will............. But in your mind if you don't put out a lot of cash for a detector it's no good you know the high price detectors are ego detectors...................

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
John (Ma) said:
I will second Jim and Kando, I have sold my higher priced, more sophisticated detector just last week, as I have recently bought the Tesoro detectors and really like them. It sounds like I am losing my mind and becoming dumber? Oh well, as long as dumb is fun I will stick with it!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :headbang: :headbang:

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
shanegalang said:
Congrats! I picked up my brothers Whites DFX or whatever that computor on a stick is and it reminded me of my days as a carpenter grabbing a nail gun.....not to mention I was off detecting and he was still standing there pushing buttons and what not 10 minutes later. I hardly can tell I have anything in my hand hours into detecting with my Cortes. :thumbsup:

Me? 9 silver coins. You? 0 DFX FO LIFE SUCKA!!!!!!! But seriously. Yeah, they all find about the same stuff at the same depth. I just research like a crazy man.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread