What's new

So my friends wife says...

S.S.Tupperware

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
799
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought metal detecting was for old retired guys... I said it is , but when I get old I wanna be good at it by then... :laughing9:
 
Tell your friends wife that when you no longer turn your head to watch a pretty girl walk by...you know you're getting too old :laughing7:
 
:icon_thumright: lol tell your wife to stay outa my head......................I was waist deep in the river yeaterday thinking I bet people wonderin by was thinkin look at that OLD fool out there lol,an I'm only 40
 
Wives...What would we do without them???
 
She needs a spanking.
Then again (IMO) all women need spankings.
 
I kinda like the spanking thing. :D
 
Old is when everything you dig up is familiar and you owned one as a youngster.
 
Yeah, your friends' wife is right. I ain't retired yet and just do it to make fun of the older generation. Tell her to come over and we'll sit around and drink a beer, and she can advise me on the settings on my DFX, and maybe how to invest my findings in the tot lots. Just kidding. The way the economy goes, I should be able to retire and afford Ramen noodles every day for me and the wife in about 2039, when I will be about 85. Until then, if I find enough change to buy a cup of coffee and a paper every day, I'm happy!
 
Tank69 said:
:icon_thumright: lol tell your wife to stay outa my head......................I was waist deep in the river yeaterday thinking I bet people wonderin by was thinkin look at that OLD fool out there lol,an I'm only 40

Hey Tankster,

Haven't you heard that life really begins at 40? :icon_sunny:
 
Detecting is for people of all age levels. Oh oh, my old bag is giving me another honey do list. Let me see how long I can put it off.

I'm better then a fine wine. I really am getting better with age at detecting and other hobbies.
 
Funny story........Last year my brother in law and I were detecting his yard when a friend of ours, and his wife, drove up. She was kind of snickering when she said "What are ya looking for? Loose change? I have some in my truck if you need some." A couple months later, when I found, and sold the 1783 CFT KG III, for $3750.00 at a Stacks auction, her husband went out and bought a metal detector. ;D :laughing9:
 
:icon_thumright: :wink:
hogge said:
Funny story........Last year my brother in law and I were detecting his yard when a friend of ours, and his wife, drove up. She was kind of snickering when she said "What are ya looking for? Loose change? I have some in my truck if you need some." A couple months later, when I found, and sold the 1783 CFT KG III, for $3750.00 at a Stacks auction, her husband went out and bought a metal detector. ;D :laughing9:
 
S.S.Tupperware said:
I thought metal detecting was for old retired guys... I said it is , but when I get old I wanna be good at it by then... :laughing9:

You could have said "yep, and I thought being a smartass was for young, good looking gals. Looks like we were both wrong". ;D
 
Thats the only thing I hate about this hobby. So many people think that....but why is it so different from hunting and fishing ? Why is a desire to look for lost valuables only for old retired men ? If people actually knew how stupid their remarks can sound sometimes.
 
silverswede said:
Old is when everything you dig up is familiar and you owned one as a youngster.
......................Also Old is when you are attracted to all of the fat and toothless girls at work......................LOL........I surely have no competition..........and I get a lot of attention from them..............and they think that Metal Detecting is COOL...................Joe
 
silverswede said:
Old is when everything you dig up is familiar and you owned one as a youngster.

:D :D ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom