What's new

So POd at myself!

Joanner

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So PO'd at myself!

Got a $1,000 bag of halves the other day. I go through them twice. The first time, I look at the rims. The second pass, I actually look at the coin. I did very well, I think. I got 21 40% and 1 90%, plus 8 coins dated after 2001.

Do the coins after 2001 have any value? They are circulated and show it.

What I am PO'd about is that I took about $300 worth to the coin counter at the credit union today. There is a window where you can see the coins go by. I am looking and there goes a Ben into the collection bin! Dang. I don't know how I missed that one.
 
Upvote 0
Re: So PO'd at myself!

Fill it up and buy the bag back. Wont cost you anything but 50 cents.

Golden Silver
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

golden silver said:
Fill it up and buy the bag back. Wont cost you anything but 50 cents.

Golden Silver

I can't buy it back. The coins drop into a HUGE bin. There is no sorter in the machine. Brinks takes the entire bin and then sorts them. I would LOVE to get one of those bins. Probably could hold $10,000 worth of coins. I've asked in the past about it.
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

Joanner said:
golden silver said:
Fill it up and buy the bag back. Wont cost you anything but 50 cents.

Golden Silver

I can't buy it back. The coins drop into a HUGE bin. There is no sorter in the machine. Brinks takes the entire bin and then sorts them. I would LOVE to get one of those bins. Probably could hold $10,000 worth of coins. I've asked in the past about it.

They told me it holds up to 47,000 coins!
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

Are you sure that ben is from your dump? Maybe that ben already in the bin but when your coins fall on the pile it resurfaced.
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

Do not recall a dirty Ben but most defiantly a 64 & number of %40's that were dirty and nearly missed. don't get too big a hurry.
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

I dump all non silver coins... whats so special about after 2001? got a bunch of nice 2005s today...
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

When I first started I'd miss them. I know because I would get a second look when I re rolled them. Now I've aquired an eagle eye for the silver.
The other day I found a silver quarter with an edge as black as coal. If the edge is supicious I check.
Real old dimes where the reeds are worn off will reflect the copper of the coins next to it. Have to check good.
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

Yinzi50 said:
Are you sure that ben is from your dump? Maybe that ben already in the bin but when your coins fall on the pile it resurfaced.

Yes, it was in my coins. In this machine, you slide the coins down a shute on the left-hand side, they travel across to the right, and there is a window where you can see the coins as they go by. They then head into a spiral shute, down into the bin.

Per guidelines posted here: "Also, all half dollars dated after 2001 were not made for circulation and are worth keeping."
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

In this machine, you slide the coins down a shute on the left-hand side, they travel across to the right, and there is a window where you can see the coins as they go by. They then head into a spiral shute, down into the bin.
where do you dump......in a circus? :icon_scratch: ;D
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

"where do you dump......in a circus?" :icon_scratch: ;D


Please feel free to read post #1 to find your answer ::)
 
Re: So PO'd at myself!

where do you dump......in a circus? :icon_scratch: ;D


Haha...

I am with Rich, I always check anything that looks out of the ordinary. Seen silver coins that I could swear were clad, and many that rims are dark. I just make it a rule with myself, I never just check rims anymore, always look at face to check date.

I am sure that Ben will be rescued by a AG hunter soon, take comfort in that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom