So, who else is frustrated?

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm lucky and unlucky.

I live in an area just LOADED with points, one of my favorite hunting areas is only a half mile from my house. The river snakes all along our country road, and just about everyone you talk to who lives here has found loads of artifacts in the past.
But nobody is breaking up any ground. And we've had zero rain to speak of in over a month.
I have another area that's been under construction to put a road in for over a year, and they've been moving a lot of dirt around which I've found a few broken points and loads of chips. I've been waiting patiently for them to finish, and smooth out all of the topsoil they saved and mounded up (which I know the points are in), and today they got finished. Then, they covered it all with inches of hay and seeded in grass seed. *sigh* I drove thru there a couple hours ago and got really bummed out.

So, here I sit just looking at what other people are finding. But they are calling for some rain in the next couple days, so I hope we get a gulley-washer and I can have a little success. Hopefully we'll get a good amount of wind that's strong enough to move some hay around too. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there scotto, Thats why the Good Lord invented the shovel and leaf rake. I always keep a small shovel and kids plastic leaf rake behind my seat. It's great for breaking off a gully edge or to do a test hole, and the baby rake allows you to spread loose ground cover for a second look. Good luck, G.

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
Ha! I actually had a dream once that I was arrowhead hunting in a picked cornfield with a leafblower!

Try some new spots nobody can get to, creeks miles from the road, or even in the timber this time of year when the vegetation thins out can expose some dirt and some washouts on bottom land if youve had the flooding that we had. Not too many leaves have fallen yet. Even the timber lines on the edges of the fields you hunt. Check around fence posts, old timers would pile the rocks there when they plowed them up just to get these "rocks" out of thier field. Be carefull of deer hunters!

shorelinesearcher

Mar 13, 2010
West Tn
Frustrated is putting it mildly. Even the creeks & rivers need a good bank washing. I did hear of a site that hasn't been turned over in 20 to 30 years has a new owner, and its been plowed. Going to meet the new owner this weekend, I hope! Still need some rain bad, I'm tired of walking over points I can't see, but I know are there. The leaves here have been falling for a few weeks (a month ahead of time) because of the dry weather.

mike

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
shorelinesearcher said:
The leaves here have been falling for a few weeks (a month ahead of time) because of the dry weather.

Well yup, and that's the other thing. If we don't get some rain soon, then everything is going to be covered up by leaves. :P

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scotto said:
shorelinesearcher said:
The leaves here have been falling for a few weeks (a month ahead of time) because of the dry weather.

Well yup, and that's the other thing. If we don't get some rain soon, then everything is going to be covered up by leaves. :P

They have already covered the creek and river banks here and the mountains have fires everywhere it is so dry. When it does rain there are going to be a lot of fresh banks collapsing and washing out cause they are so dry.
Sorry your spot got seeded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread