What's new

So you think you bought a new metal detector.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought i bought one a Garrett sea hunter Mark ii.
First off i took pictures as i opened the box. The hand grip had a tear in it were the headphones rubbed against it.
I called him ant told him about it and that the metal plates used to hold the detector box to the handle look used.
And that the detector when i swing it seemed to flop side to side.
He said you live in Minnesota and what was i doing buying a pulse induction detector for and i should get
a vlf detector for water hunting. I guess i thought it would work.
Than he wanted to know what the little tag on the side of the box said. It had some numbers and detector name on it.
He say that Garrett sometimes sends them rebuilt detectors or something like that.
He told me to send it back for a full refund.
I didn't keep the picture of the damaged handle but look at the metal plates all scuffed up and a long scratch on the bottoms. DSCF2162.webpDSCF2165.webpDSCF2163.webpDSCF2159.webp They looked used to me and how many of you are getting screwed? I bough a detector a few years ago that the battery pack light s didn't work a the box had sandy grit in it and i looked into the shaft and i could see dirt or redish stuff that i thought was from the desert in africa . I sent that back to for a full refund.
So if things just don't seem right with your detector send it back right away.
 
Might have been a detector someone bought, didn't like and returned and the place you got it from was selling it as new in box. If you're not happy with it then I'd send it back. All my machines I bought used except my deus, so I haven't had a bad experience yet.
 
I would not be happy with that purchase..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom