Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbors were watching me working with my detector in the yard and asked for a demonstration. Apparently the husband wants one, but the wife thinks they are a waste of time.

Well, I demonstrated the operation in their back yard near a pump well and hit on a object 9 inches down...VDI showed a solid 91. So, I started digging and out came an aluminum stop sign shaped object. The wife laughed and then I started wiping off the dirt....a redemption token for a free cake of soap circa 1932.

Not valuable, but certainly pretty cool. For the next hour that wife was on the ground digging up targets and now I have to take them shopping tomorrow for a detector:laughing7:

front.jpg

back.jpg

Upvote 11
OP
OP
M

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool token....that surely made him bite for more

It was pretty funny as they were sitting around the grille drinking a few beers at the time. After the token find, they were both on the ground digging with one hand with a beer in the other.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good token. I think you can date it a little more precisely. The Palmolive-Peet Company was formed after Colgate merged with Peet Brothers in 1926 and only operated under that name until 1928 when they were acquired by Colgate to become the Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you corrected her "ignorance" to the hobby. They are only a waste of time, if you buy them and put them in the closet. Nice job on peeking their interest, ( and nice token ).

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool token, congrats! :occasion14:

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool token I found the same one earlier this year in the woods