Soccer field gives up more treasure.....

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All!
Hit the same soccer field this morning that gave up the gold two days ago.... Started where I left off, and hadnt gone ten feet when I hit a dime VDI that was narrow enough to be a dime, but way too long to be a dime... Hmmmm.. Well, I have promised myself that I will keep my disc set between 2-3 and dig everything, so gave it a go... Got down to 6 inches and looked in the hole (the MXT said 6 inches) and couldnt see anything, so I stuck the probe in... Way down at the bottom, I got a buzz... Took the Lesche and dug away at the side a bit and I could see shiny silver... Reached into the hole and grabbed it and tried to pull it out, but it was stuck.. Dug a bit more dirt away and could now see it was a silver chain!! CAREFULLY, I pulled and picked at it and it kept coming, and coming, and coming.... 24 inches of beautiful .925 silver!!! I couldnt believe how good this field has been to me.. Detected for another two hours, nearly covering the whole field, and got a lot of tabs/junk, $3.89 in clad, two wheaties (1947 and 1955), and also a really nice Guess SS watch that is still running!
Came home and the wife was doing the happy dance with me.. "You should have that machine paid for in no time"... Yeppers..
Sorry, no pic of the watch as I forgot I had it in the truck until just a few minutes ago.. Too lazy to grab the camera and do all that again.. Nothing fancy, but a really nice watch..

Cant wait to go back there, I have 6 baseball fields that havent been touched yet!

HH all!

Attachments

• 12_7_09 finds.jpg
    12_7_09 finds.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 526
  • chain1.jpg
    chain1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thats a nice chunk of silver right there. Congrats....What "time" did you dig it :tongue3: jgas

daleshark

Mar 26, 2007
Central Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DX-1 probe,6x10 DD , 4x6 shooter, eclipse 950
Nice finds. :icon_thumright: Silver Surfer, when all said and done with the soccer and baseball Fields please let us know what your total finds are. ;D

Thanks,
daleshark.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
What "time" did you dig it :tongue3: jgas
LOL... I think I just "got it".... You mean the watch?? It was 11:18 to be precise, I remember because I noticed it had been in the ground long enough to not have been reset back to standard time.... Cleaned it up real good, and all it needs is a band.. The person must have carried it in their pocket, there was no band or the pins to hold a band on.. Square watch too... I should post a pic of it, maybe I will a bit later...

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on the finds love the silver necklace, soccer fields are one of my favorite places to search. thanks for sharing and hh

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daleshark said:
Nice finds. :icon_thumright: Silver Surfer, when all said and done with the soccer and baseball Fields please let us know what your total finds are. ;D

Thanks,
daleshark.
Funny you should say that.. I told my wife just today that I want to take a picture of all my finds and post it... It has only been a couple months since I got the MXT, and I counted the clad last night and not counting today, it was $79.88 so today I broke over $80.00...
I have found two gold rings (ladies and mans), a mans Tungsten Carbide ring, the gold heart, a gold charm, two silver rings, and now the silver chain and the watch... I also have saved all the "junk", so there will be a pretty big pile of that in the pic too... Quite a bit of junk jewelry/bracelets/key fobs, etc too... I am very pleased with the MXT...

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
If dared get on one of the local soccer fields around hear I probably would get shot.

You have done well on that field.

Thanks for the pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread