What's new

Sold an Al Biesen custom Model 70.

Idazona45

Greenie
Joined
Jan 28, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
51
Golden Thread
0
Location
Palouse, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bittersweet feeling as I need to extensively trim down my firearm collection but will now have only one Al Biesen custom Model 70 left.

This rifle was ordered by my father and used by him on countless hunts in Idaho, Montana, BC, and Alaska. I sold it for $6500. The remaining Al Biesen was also my father's and is worth at least twice as much and is gorgeous. It will remain in the family.

Here is the one sold...

20251227_200713-EDIT.webp


20251227_195843-EDIT.webp


20251227_200646-EDIT.webp
 
Beautifull weapon ! It's a shame you had to sell it ! I have my Uncles .22 and HAD my Father's single shot .22 Stevens Crack shot BUT it was stolen by some jerk when my Father passed ( not replaceable to me) BUT I bought a Stevens .22 Favorite to (some what) replace it ! I'd give my right arm for my Father's rifle , BUT I am at the point that it's GONE for good! I's like to get one to replace it sometime! I would NEVER TRADE OR SELL those 2 rifles, BUT everything else could go as far as I'm concerned ! LOT'S of memories lost from that .22 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
That’s a beauty. Biesen was one of the best of the old stock makers. I’m sure the new owner is very happy with his purchase. What caliber is it? It looks like the rifle was rebarreled at some point. That’s definitely not the original barrel. I have an old M-70 I restocked. I’m not quite finished with it. Still needs checkering.
IMG_0104.webp
 
That’s a beauty. Biesen was one of the best of the old stock makers. I’m sure the new owner is very happy with his purchase. What caliber is it? It looks like the rifle was rebarreled at some point.
It's in .300 Win Mag.

My last Biesen rifle is a Jack O'Connor tribute rifle in .270 Win, of course...

20230527_195824.webp


20230527_195652.webp


20230527_195711.webp
 
That one is nice with the engraving but the other one had the amazing wood. Do you know who did the engraving? I don’t recognize the work. Definitely a pro. Looks German. I’ve engraved since ‘82, I learned in Italy. I owned a 300 WM for a short time. I was brutal!👊
No idea. My late father wasn't real friendly with family and didn't talk much, if at all about his firearms.
 
My favorite rifle stock is on this Model 70 built by Jim Zahm in .25-06 Rem. I never met Jim, but he and my dad were friends as they were both former USMC snipers. Zahm testified before the Warren commission in regards to the JFK assassination.

20230908_135703.webp


20230908_135638.webp


Better pic of the .270...

20240616_134608.webp


And the .270 doing what it was built for...

20231216_155427.webp
 
My favorite rifle stock is on this Model 70 built by Jim Zahm in .25-06 Rem. I never met Jim, but he and my dad were friends as they were both former USMC snipers. Zahm testified before the Warren commission in regards to the JFK assassination.

View attachment 2242961

View attachment 2242962

Better pic of the .270...

View attachment 2242963

And the .270 doing what it was built for...

View attachment 2242964
Really nice wood on all of them.😍 I’m a walnut junkie for sure. I can’t get enough of it! This is a M-42 I stocked.
IMG_1223.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom