SOLD!!!!

Good move now work that money!

Interesting, not to shabby, almost tempting to do. Was that including shipping? What does it cost to ship $100 face? Was it going out of country?

Interesting, not to shabby, almost tempting to do. Was that including shipping? What does it cost to ship $100 face? Was it going out of country?

I pay the shipping charges ): and thyre about $20

$100 FV can be shipped in a medium flat rate box for $11.30. If your paying shipping, you can save yourself nearly $7.

MU

So after shipping you still made 47% on your money. Show me ANY mutual fund that has done that in the last few months. yet to gather $100 of pennies doesn't take months even, and you can REPEAT that experience of making 47% over and over again. Not too shabby. :-) Shows that pennies CAN be made into a profit right NOW< and not after the ban on melting is lifted. :-) Plus any wheats you got while gathering those coppers. So good job!

Dumb question. What to the buyers do with them.? Hang on to them waiting till it is legal to melt them down?

So after shipping you still made 47% on your money. Show me ANY mutual fund that has done that in the last few months. yet to gather $100 of pennies doesn't take months even, and you can REPEAT that experience of making 47% over and over again. Not too shabby. :-) Shows that pennies CAN be made into a profit right NOW< and not after the ban on melting is lifted. :-) Plus any wheats you got while gathering those coppers. So good job!

I see $158 - $16 (ebay fee conservative at 10%) - $20 (shipping) = $122 (?)

22% ... ehhh not so much in term of time & effort.

The eBay fee is 9.0% on an auction, plus $0.30 + 2.9% PayPal fee on the gross. If you are a Power Seller or do a fixed price listing this could be slightly less, but if not, $0.30 + 11.9% of $158 is $19.10. $19.10 + $11.30 postage + $2 coin bags and packing tape = $32.40. $158 - $32.40 - $100 = $25.60. Once you start deducting the gas to acquire the $500 in source cents (assuming 20% yield), the time to sort them, gas to transport the zincs for return, and time to package them, you could have $10 in gas and 20 hours of time invested, in which case you would be making $0.78 per hour.

The eBay fee is 9.0% on an auction, plus $0.30 + 2.9% PayPal fee on the gross. If you are a Power Seller or do a fixed price listing this could be slightly less, but if not, $0.30 + 11.9% of $158 is $19.10. $19.10 + $11.30 postage + $2 coin bags and packing tape = $32.40. $158 - $32.40 - $100 = $25.60. Once you start deducting the gas to acquire the $500 in source cents (assuming 20% yield), the time to sort them, gas to transport the zincs for return, and time to package them, you could have $10 in gas and 20 hours of time invested, in which case you would be making $0.78 per hour.

It doesn't take that long to sort through them, I don't put them in rolls I put them in poly bubble mailers that cost me $0.03 and the bank and the post office are both less than a mile from my house.

Granted, it's not a way to acquire vast wealth or even much wealth, but it is a nice little return bonus after hunting through penny boxes for wheat cents and other stuff.

$2 in tape plus bags is a bit high. I have hundreds of large canvas bags i have accumulated over the years that are perfect to ship in.

Sorting them with a rydale takes no where near 20 hours. $10 in gas is also extreme. I pick up $300 3 times a week on my way home from work--zero extra gas. Same for dumping - on my way home at banks along the way.

A waste of time? If you are disorganized about how you go about sorting the copper, picking up, and dumping then sure, your wasting your time.

I'd rather you believe the above post though as the less copper sellers on eBay the better for me.

MU

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back