What's new

Solid 2010-P Dime Box (Advice needed)

endthefed13

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Ok guys so I just opened a box of solid 2010-P dimes brand new. I picked 3 random rolls from the box to open just to make sure they were all the same. They were. All 2010's. Any advice guys? I am not really wanting to sell them on ebay. And I don't have the money to just hang onto the box until a selling opportunity comes along. I am thinkin about just tearing open all of em and returning em to the bank, and of course, save about 3 or 4 rolls. Are the 2010's even a low mintage year? Because just because some dumb asses are paying for them NOW doesn't mean they will retain their value in the future unless the mintage is really low. Are they rare? is it worth keeping some rolls?

Oh Yea and also

$500 Box of halves yielded:
1-Lone 40%er. (1966 BU)
 
Upvote 0
If they were mine, I'd offer them on eBay in 3 roll lots. I know you don't want to, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised in what they will sell for. Craigslist might be another alternative - I have never had any dealings on CL, but others on here have and could probably give you some pointers. I see no reason to hold on to any unless you just want them for a collection. You can probably get more for them on eBay now than they'll ever be worth. Just my opinion. Good luck!
 
I have heard alot of bad things about Craig's list and coin deals. Ebay will give you a much broader audience.
 
DO NOT RETURN THEM!!! There are a couple of people here that would probably buy some from you. I agree with the above comments. Even though you might not want to do ebay, it may be your best option. There was a post here a few weeks ago where someone scored pretty nice on their box. You will be able to but many silver halves for what people are willing to pay for those dimes. As for rarity, I don't think anyone knows how many have been minted. So, Get rid of them while they are hot! :thumbsup: HH, SE
 
Offering to show up and meet someone on craigslist with them knowing you have 500$ on you is just asking for trouble. If you go that route i would meet inside a large building somewhere with lots of people, not a random parking lot as per the usual. I spend hours every day trying to buy cars for my family car lot and the people i try to buy cars from are over 50 percent scams so be careful.
 
Sell on ebay, insurance will cost you a little but not much then send using a flat rate box. You can make a great profit. Sell, Sell SELL!

Golden Silver
 
dave5710 said:
I have heard alot of bad things about Craig's list and coin deals. Ebay will give you a much broader audience.
I have done a ton of deals on craigslist buying and selling coins, never had a bad experience yet. I normally meet people at a resturant
 
Sell the modern stuff fast! I sold a bunch of 2009 cents and made a great chunk of change. Was easy and was all about timing. Right when my source dried up someone flooded the market and the boxes I was selling went from $185 a box to $50 a box. Still a decent profit but grab the good money when you can.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom