Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Managed to get out for a solo hunt on a new permission. Forgot my video camera, but had the still camera so no vid this time.

Got a hallmarked silver spoon handle from James D. Anderson, New Orleans. Anderson was a silversmith in Vicksburg who moved to Louisiana and made fine silver in New Orleans from 1849-1853.

IMG_4971b.jpg IMG_1147.JPG

Then I hit a long dry spell with nothin but a clay marble and some wheat pennies and gaw gag.

Finally I got a silver nickel. Not great, but technically another silver coin for the year. Then I dug another silver nickel. :D Crazy.

The next row I got an eagle cuff button. Was very shallow. :headbang:

IMG_4975b.jpg IMG_1142.JPG

I haven't dug many of these cuff buttons, so I'm stoked to have another one in the collection.

Then I hit a tiny silver--strange thing is, after my new coil was installed on the F75, all the numbers are 3 ID numbers lower. ??? Anyone else had this issue? So the half dime rang up 58 instead of 61 (I noticed that the seated quarter I dug last hunt rang up 79 instead of 82).

IMG_4977b.jpg IMG_4979b.jpg

1858-O.

IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1146.JPG

Later on, I eyeballed a "Russian Blue" trade bead in the field. (Also dug a strap box from a spur.)

IMG_4984b.jpg

Then, as I was on the last row, with darkness coming, I got a reading in the high 60s. Digging it, I flipped out a silver dime! I was shocked--until I remembered that all the numbers were 3 numbers lower with the new coil. ::)

IMG_4981b.jpg IMG_4983b.jpg

It was a very pretty 1893 Barber--a year I needed in the "dug collection." :)

IMG_1143.JPG IMG_1144.JPG

Here is a photo of all of the finds. Wonder if the long brass tube is a friction primer. There's only a hole on one side of it though. :icon_scratch:

IMG_1140.JPG

Best Wishes,

Buck

Upvote 42
Nice variety! Some great history there.

Five pieces of silver makes for a great day. The Barber is sharp, glad you were able to fill that date in the collection. Good hunt man!

Nice hunt! I would love to have a day like that! :icon_thumright:

great finds again, you manage to find some awesome stuff down there.

Five pieces of silver makes for a great day. The Barber is sharp, glad you were able to fill that date in the collection. Good hunt man!

Thanks my friend! I expected a strike out and walked away with some nice coins. Funny how that works! It's always nice to dig one for the collection--especially if it's in decent condition.

Cheers,

Buck

Awesome relic and coin hunt! :occasion14:

Another multi-silver day - very typical for you. That's not to say it's easy, though :D.

Another multi-silver day - very typical for you. That's not to say it's easy, though :D.

Any day where I can bring a relic or coin back for the display case--even if it's a flat button or two, I'm happy.

Best Wishes,

Buck

nice coinage! congrats!

Awesome as usual sir!

I am realty liking the spoon hallmark fragment. You find some of coolest relics.

Best of luck to you sir

More Cool Finds .
Love the Seated HD & the Barber. & 2 War, Nickles?

Your Brass tube has the Look of a friction Primer, but i'm not sure as I have never dug 1.

The marked pieces like the Spoon Handle are Sweeeet.

What an incredible hunt! Congrats BB. -Lisa & John

A lot of silver there! Great start on a new permission. I know your next post will leave me drooling again! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back