What's new

✅ SOLVED Solved An old bark saw? A pink thing and more

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
122
Golden Thread
0
Location
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think "A" is an old ( I have no idea how old) bark removing saw? I know what a few of these things are, but some of the others I have no clue? All help and or comments are appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • sunday road past homestead North 01.webp
    sunday road past homestead North 01.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 446
  • sunday road past homestead North 12.webp
    sunday road past homestead North 12.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 436
  • sunday road past homestead North 73.webp
    sunday road past homestead North 73.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 434
  • sunday road past homestead North 10.webp
    sunday road past homestead North 10.webp
    33 KB · Views: 441
  • sunday road past homestead North 06 - Copy.webp
    sunday road past homestead North 06 - Copy.webp
    45 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
Re: An old bark saw? A pink thing and more

creskol said:
mr-dig-it said:
Isn't I in the heel of a shoe?
It looks similar, but there are no nail holes in it. That type of bracket was used to suspend water pipes.
We have seen these before on here .. here is a link to a previous discussion: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,215694.0.html

I have to dissagree that 'I' is a pipe hanger. I have searched and searched pipe hangers and have not found one example to match these.
Low and behold one search I did came up with the answer. They're called 'horsehoe bedrail fasteners'.

http://www.antiquetrader.com/antiques/vintage_brass_bed_hardware_design


 

Attachments

  • bedrail hardware1.webp
    bedrail hardware1.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 159
  • bedrail hardware2.webp
    bedrail hardware2.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 191
  • bedrail hardware3.webp
    bedrail hardware3.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
Re: An old bark saw? A pink thing and more

DiggerBug said:
creskol said:
mr-dig-it said:
Isn't I in the heel of a shoe?
It looks similar, but there are no nail holes in it. That type of bracket was used to suspend water pipes.
We have seen these before on here .. here is a link to a previous discussion: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,215694.0.html

I have to dissagree that 'I' is a pipe hanger. I have searched and searched pipe hangers and have not found one example to match these.
Low and behold one search I did came up with the answer. They're called 'horsehoe bedrail fasteners'.

http://www.antiquetrader.com/antiques/vintage_brass_bed_hardware_design


Great Job! That is definitely a match! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom