What's new

Solved! What are they? Apothecary Weights

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that I've found a second one, with similar erosion on corner,
I'm thinking they are more than just pieces of brass scrap
About 3/4" X 3/16" thick, edges beveled.
Anyone familiar? Thanks for Looking! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 10-5 009.webp
    NC FINDS 10-5 009.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 350
  • NC FINDS 10-5 010.webp
    NC FINDS 10-5 010.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 349
  • NC FINDS 10-5 009.webp
    NC FINDS 10-5 009.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 332
  • NC FINDS 10-5 010.webp
    NC FINDS 10-5 010.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 335
  • NC finds 12-3 005.webp
    NC finds 12-3 005.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 350
Re: What are they?

might be medicine weights :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: What are they?

what I have to say won't help you BUT I don't have a clue

:laughing7:


cool pic tho!
 
Upvote 0
Re: What are they?

I agree with Cru, looks like a weight of measure? :icon_scratch:

Best of luck Herbie,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Re: What are they?

Thanks All!
the shape is similar to some that see. more common than the round '2 Scruple'
I found earlier.
This piece currently weighs 135 grains, maybe was 150 grain, which is exactly 7.5 scruples, before the erosion.
Green check these old bits as apothecary weights. HH :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom