What's new

Some advice please!

tabfinder

Full Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
243
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
I want to make a straight shaft for a surfmaster II. Any detailed info would be great. I want to get a stainless shaft; what is the best length? Diameter? What type of connector do I need for the lower rod? .....etc. Thank you in advance!
 
Usually you use your stock lower shaft. Just measure your shaft diameter and search aluminum tube on the net. I do know of a company that makes a lot of strait shafts for about $75.00 complete.
 
i made one for my GT and Beach Hunter ID..went to Lowes and bought a long handle swimming pool skimmer net,looks like a butterfly net .7/8 thin wall aluminum and used the stock lower rod.bought a plastic Fisher arm cuff and then a clamp on bicycle handle bar extention on internet.made 2 of them for about $30
 
Thanks Dixie...sounds like the plan. I have a friend who runs a resale shop and gets in bikes all the time, and he said he has some with the grip bars out back. That's me....Mr. Thriftypants!! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom