What's new

Some broken stuff from Lake Thonotosassa & a sweet Clay.

newnan man

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
8,930
Reaction score
36,527
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KIMG0384.webpKIMG0383.webpKIMG0252.webp

A friend is an avid fossil guy. He actually has a degree in paleontology. Anyway he found these broken points and this nice Clay in the Lake Thonto area. He gave them all to me. I have the Clay in a frame! Notice the fossil inclusion on the Clay. A couple of those broken Newnans would have been killers.
 
Upvote 0
That is about as good of Clay as I have ever seen, some nice pieces there. That is a neat triangle piece also, found one a week ago similar to it.
 
Wow awesome clay point and what a great friend!
 
That Clay is hellacious. Another point type I've had very little luck finding.
 
Very nice! The Tampa Bay area has produced a lot of awesome finds. I used to live down there in the 1970s and have a few points from that area. (Mango area)
 
i like the clipped wings on it
 
That Clay is one of my favorites too. The triangle is just a broken point. Some of them would have been quite long before they broke.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom