Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Attachments

• Some Buttons.jpg
    Some Buttons.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 200

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
man I sure wish it was a little brighter..I can make out a couple of Civil War eagle buttons and you have one Indian War ers button in there( my favorite era:) ) and dude you even have a CW staff officer's button nice.Your doing good dude.I'll have to check them out more carefully and see If I cant tell what else you have.

Upvote 0

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
I found the big anchor button in the bottom right as an enlisted mans button.Unfortunaetly no date was given for it.Now your other anchor button with the rope border might be a War od 1812,what is the backmark on that one?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi guys thanks. There are no backmarkings on any of the anchor buttons shown. There all blank on the back. Or the back is gone from them. The only company I can tell you on some of the buttons are the big gold one at the top. It says it was made by the american ry supply co ny. It says ppr on the button. I think it stands for pittsburgh pennsylvania railroad. Or something like that. There is also a smaller cuff size one towards the left that has the same backmarking. The staff officer button says excelsior below his feet.

Thanks guys good luck Jeremy.

Upvote 0

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
hey jerdfx
i cleaned your pic up some hope you dont mind but you can see the buttons better had to do a little photoshop magic but i think it looks good also that bottom button has me curious is it black hard rubber????
looks like a hrad rubber navy button maybe be good year not sure as i cant see the back

Mav

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No problem. Thanks for cleaning it up. That button is like a very hard black smooth plastic. Found it at a 1860S site washed up on a path. Not even metal. Just eyeballed it looking for marbles. It"s about the size of a half dollar. It has no backmarkings. It has 4 holes in it were string went through it. I found a few other military buttons at this site also. So I'm guessing it's old and genuine. I can get a better pic of it if you guys think it's worthy enough.

Thanks again for checking them over guys. HH Jer

Upvote 0

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
jer
i just bought one of those buttons some time back its a rubber navel button i have not been able to determin wether its Indian wars or civil war era
but when i do ill update you good year rubber company made about 95% of these buttons

Mav

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread