some change finds...

L

lancemxt2006

decided to go through my moms change bucket tonight as i usually do every couple months. only got one wheat which tells me that they are really getting pulled out of circulation because i usually get a few from the amount of change there is. it was a 47' pulled a couple nickels out to from the 40's, a 40', and a 48'.

thanks for looking, HH Lance

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds!

I have a big 'ole water jar that I keep change in. It's getting about time to sort through it. Most of the time I find a couple of good ones.

;)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice finds! I have noticed a shortage of wheaties in change too...now you have to get rolls of pennies to find them, they dont turn up in change that much anymore :-\

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never find any in my change but my wife gets them at her work when waitressing. Over the past couple of months she's brougth home 8 or 10 of them, dates from 1931-1958. They're still out there but I agree, not as plentiful anymore. Her boss even got a Indian Head cent in the cash drawer this past summer! Too bad she missed that one for me! >:(

No silver though (at least not yet) but she's always looking for me! :)

Magnumto

Greenie
Nov 28, 2005
Zapata, Texas
Nice finds, Lance - keepers are where you find them. Years ago I started saving all of my non-clad pennies in a 1/2-gallon GLASS liquor bottle. It's full now and pretty heavy. I KNOW this is a recipe for disaster - I can imagine what would happen if the bottle were ever dropped: pennies and shards of glass everywhere! I like Nana40's idea - a big water jar would be just the ticket for lots of coins.
HH, FJ

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys and gals, yeah thats a good idea that is exactly what my mom puts her change in a water jar too the big plastic ones...

i had a picture but it got deleted on my computer last night and i just didnt feel like scanning it again...sorry

thanks for reading anyway, take it easy, Lance

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
heck i have everybody from the tellers at my bank to the ladys at the grocery stores looking for coins for me...so fare i have landed 5 indian heads, 6 silver dollars...all clad, 8 silver clad halfs and even a 1960 silver quarter....the more people you got looking the better the odds....ooo ya and i even get wheaties every once in a while.
good luck
lgp

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks for the reply. you got it made with all those ppl looking for you. i have gotten some silver in the past a few pieces before but i mainly find wheats and just pull them from circulation...

take it easy, Lance

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Good for you ! Keep looking. from time to time I'll go get five dollars worth of pennies and sift through them. Best I ever did was 5 wheaties in ten rolls. not bad I guess. HH Art...

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I use to work at Burger King and I use to bring home a wheat or two every day (about 4 years ago). My mom actually worked there at the same time, and when she was giving change she noticed her dimes looked funny. Turned out the entire roll was silver rosies. She had already given out some in change but I ended up with about 30 or so. I've also found a 1909 wheat, a couple silver quarters, and god knows how many $2.00 bills. Yep. Keep looking guys, there out there!

Attachments

• dimes.jpg
    dimes.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 176

strykerstalker

Nov 29, 2005
ive noticed the thing about more dimes then pennys too ive been getting more mercurys then wheats.. but at the same time im also in the rehab buisness and seems like ive been finding more dimes there too.. stupid question but what are the key dates for wheats and mercury dimes? and is there a place online that i could check to find what coins are worth or what to look out for? thanx and keep up the hunt..

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
If you post the dates of the wheats and mercs in the "whats it worth" section alot of us including me have the red book of US coins and can look them up for you :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread