Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out with Coilcrazy2 at a site we gained permission for. I recently traded an Etrac for a XP Deus and this was my second real hunt with it. Liking it so far for sure. Dug a US large cent first. Second coin was a 1832 half cent that was made into a button. Then out popped the 1723? I think Woods Hibernia and a Indian. Great fun day. Ben found some coinage as well as some really cool ornate brass pieces from a ??????

Attachments

• DSC_1176 (Copy).JPG
    DSC_1176 (Copy).JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_1178 (Copy).JPG
    DSC_1178 (Copy).JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_1179 (Copy).JPG
    DSC_1179 (Copy).JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_1184 (Copy).JPG
    DSC_1184 (Copy).JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_1181 (Copy).JPG
    DSC_1181 (Copy).JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 11
Congrats on the finds, and getting a Deus. I dare say 2016 will be a good year for you!

Haven't seen as many of these this year compared to others, but I'm still waiting for my first. Good one in my books.

OK now I'm doubting the 1723. Iron Patch - do you think this is a Woods? Seems like the N I A are above and to the left of the woman's head. The date should be in that position. But it has the reeded edge.

OK now I'm doubting the 1723. Iron Patch - do you think this is a Woods? Seems like the N I A are above and to the left of the woman's head. The date should be in that position. But it has the reeded edge. Maybe 1722?

OK now I'm doubting the 1723. Iron Patch - do you think this is a Woods? Seems like the N I A are above and to the left of the woman's head. The date should be in that position. But it has the reeded edge.

It's a Woods. Have a close look... I suspect what you are thinking is the N is just corrosion, and if you look just to the right of that I think the bottom of the 7 shows.

Yep think your right.

Looks right...nice history with that coin, cool to learn about. Both finds are boss. Look forward to hearing about the deus and more cornfield finds. Happy 16

Wish the Half Cent was a 1831 !!! Think there is only 20 known.

Last edited:
Great finds Brian.
Thats the first time I seen a half cent made into a button..
Seen lots of Spanish buttons..
Great way to start the new year..

Thanks George. Will have to touch base with you on some tweaks to my settings. So far I'm running Fast program, 11k, full tones.

Sweet start to 2016. I decided to stay in and watch the Buckeyes play.

Great Woods. Fairly rare coin you found there. Congrats

Very cool coin that we rarely see. That held cent/button is pretty darn cool. I found a 1772 half real turned into a Cufflink last year. One of my favorite finds. Hope you and the Deus kill it this year. Everybody else seems to love em

Must've missed this thread! We both had a good day but you kicked my butt with those coppers!

Congrats on the Woods Hibernia, this far south they are a bit harder to find than in New England area. I only ever found one, I think my son has none. (southern NJ). Dr Phil Mossman is doing a survey on Wood's coppers and like my NJ survey, he would like county/state found in and photos. If you want you could email him at [email protected] or PM me with the information. Dr Mossman is a author of many books concerning colonial coins and a big contributor to the Notre Dame coin website that many of us use. Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back