paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These finds are from right before the two big snows, but things have been so crazy I've only just been able to post them. I felt like digging a ton of targets so I went back to the site with all of the aluminum slag. The house burnt down probably in the 1950's and must have had aluminum siding because I find melted blobs with heavy corrosion every few steps. I've been digging it all up so that eventually I can start finding the smaller bits like coins and buttons. I do find cool larger relics every now and then though.

DSC09124.JPG

It was a kitchen utensils kind of day between the knife and spoon. The knife actually still has the handle wood intact and the metal inlay is pretty. Wish I knew the maker though, does anyone recognize the design and know date/manufacturer? The complete harmonica reed was a nice change of pace and even though they're everywhere I will never get tired of those old brass buckles.

DSC09125.JPGDSC09126.JPG

These two strange pieces are brass and if anyone has seen them before definitely shout out because I'm at a loss. I'm hoping to keep them out of the unidentified pile.

DSC09127.JPG

This is the dirty trick. It was inside a maze of roots and took forever to tease out from under them. When I finally did I saw the silver disk in the exact size of a silver 1/2 dollar and thought: 'it was all worth it I finally found my first 1/2 dollar!' Then I saw the GE logo... :BangHead:. Can't find much on the buck-a-box meter campaign so maybe it was just a short local promotional.

DSC09123.JPGDSC09128.JPG

Here's the rest with all of the iron relics. The last pic I think may be part of an iron scabbard. Once the 12" of snow melts I'll be back out, but for now I just have to bide my time...

Upvote 8
Good for you, paleomaxx.
The temps are going up over the coming weekend
Now if the snow melts, I'll be hunting.

Those 2 pieces of brass are clock plates. Nice finds.

Looks like a good site- half dollar is nearby...

Nice hunt you got in before the snow! That GE token may not be a $1/2 but might have some interesting reason for existing. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back