some early finds from an old settlement

L

lancemxt2006

hi everyone,
it feels good to have something to post tonight. me and Jer went back to the spot where i got those flat buttons last time. i got to detect with him 3 of the 5 days he was down there. unfortunealttally the two days i missed were the days that he dug all those coppers except one. i only managed to find one coin throughout the 3 days and it was a 1917 buffalo. i found a really old pocket knife, a dome type button, one flat button, and a little musket shot at the cellar holes. all of the bulk relics came from the cellar holes also. the wheat's and the little button with the two holes, the delegate tag, and the other button with the lions on it all came from my uncle victors place. there was some clad but im not going to bother posting it. the second scan is all the bullets from the place in three days and the third scan is all the bulk relics from the site.

hope that you all had a safe and happy holiday.... take care, Lance

Attachments

• coins and buttons.jpg
    coins and buttons.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 712
  • mad bullets 001.jpg
    mad bullets 001.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 710
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

here is the bulk...

Attachments

• bulk relics.jpg
    bulk relics.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 707

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Lance....I think my favorite is the button with the lions. Wonder what the age is on that one?

Glad you got out! Happy New Year!

;)

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys, i don't know what or when the button with the lions was made. there is a weird word in the ribbon below the lions. but its not English its like Brittan or something. don't know???

thanks for the replies.

take care, Lance

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing, Lance. That circular object with the wire across the back in the bottom picture looks like part of a bridal rossette.

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys, yeah i dont know what that circle thing is...

take it easy, Lance

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys, it may have been for a watch case.

thanks PBK that info and pic helped. i thought that it was a name tag for a type of metal.

take it easy, lance

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That second pic look's like my kinda place.....Congrat's on all the dig's,what's the oldest wheatey?HH

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, thats quite a load t you found. way to go

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys,
all the wheat's were from the 40's but i didnt find them at the cellar holes. ill try to get a larger pic of the button...

take it easy, Lance

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice finds, the button with the lions looks like a state seal?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Lance. That's a lot of shell caps and ammunition rounds. Guess those vdi just like a coin... I haven't dug many of those.

That looks like a good 1917 Buffalo. That's a nice find. Wheats are a bonus.

I know how it is when I go or don't go with my son and he finds the stuff. Well at least you get to see it firsthand. 8) Also motivates you more. I know I always get pumped when my son brings home good stuff. Do live in the same house with Jeremy?

Bob

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
lancemxt2006 said:
unfortunately the two days i missed were the days that he dug all those coppers except one.?

I know how that is.? I missed the chance to go with a buddy from work one day last week and he dug a 1902 Barber Half and a Warren Harding Presidential token.

You still dug some goodies in my opinion though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread