What's new

Some eye candy

TundraPlugger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2019
Messages
308
Reaction score
1,257
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a 4 1/4" biface found by my oldest daughter's great grandpa Jake. He found it at a site on top of a hill west of New Town, ND. The field was plowed which leads me to wonder how it remained undamaged?

He passed away back in 2010 if I remember right. He is the one who really got me hooked on hunting arrowheads back in the late 90's. I always loved that blade and was lucky enough to buy it from his wife about 6 years ago..... I gave her a pretty penny for it too. My oldest daughter owns it now.

Made from lightly patinated Knife River Flint. 20190212_091521.webp20190212_091556.webp20190212_091632.webp20190212_091659.webp
 
Upvote 0
Jeez mon, that's a beauty!
 
Beautiful KRF knife, exceptionally well made.
Obviously a favorite lithic with prehistoric knappers as artifacts made from KRF are found hundreds of miles from the source.
 
Nice So much for getting a family discount.
 
Super fine artifact!!! How thin is it? Side view maybe...
 
Wow! A real beauty.
 
Very beautiful Blade. Any chance that's a Folsom Ultrathin?

What I was thinking, but I'm pretty sure this guy would know and would have called it if it were.

I've seen several very similar KRF blades with that form, even a cache of them a friend found that a badgers diggings had exposed, but they were not ultra thins.
 
Nice So much for getting a family discount.
I probably could have got it for half price but I wanted to pay top dollar for it since it was his nicest find.
 
Very beautiful Blade. Any chance that's a Folsom Ultrathin?
Thanks Grim! I've thought about that but I don't think it is. The only points I've seen come from that field are late Archaic..... I've never seen any Folsom material come off of there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom