Kevo_DFX
Hero Member
- Joined
- Sep 5, 2008
- Messages
- 567
- Reaction score
- 135
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Greensburg, PA
- Detector(s) used
- DFX
So, I travel a lot and haven't got to metal detect so much. I have yet to get a hard case for my detector to take on flights. On the few times I was able to drive to where I was working, I threw the DFX in the back of my car and tried the new areas here are the results:
Fort Wayne, Indiana:
Hunted three nights straight with nothing but clad. On the fourth night hit 4 wheats plus these:
1896 Indian (First Indian and first 1800's):
1907 Indian:
1907 V Nickel:
On the way home from Indiana, I stopped in a park in Ohio and found a ring (will post pics later) plus this Canadian Pocket Spill. Notice the 60 year seperation in dates.
1933 One Cent:
1991 One Cent:
Finally, last week I found this in my change:
1964 Roosevelt:
I took this as a good omen, and went out on Monday in my hometown in PA and found my FIRST SILVER COINS!:
1946 Roosevelt:
1964 Washington:
Went back to the same spot yesterday, I haven't even touched one percent of the available land, and found these (plus another ring which I will post later as well):
191? Mercury Dime:
1962 Roosevelt:
So, lots of first for this newbie, and finally that elusive silver coinage. They look awesome coming out of the ground, right?
Fort Wayne, Indiana:
Hunted three nights straight with nothing but clad. On the fourth night hit 4 wheats plus these:
1896 Indian (First Indian and first 1800's):
1907 Indian:
1907 V Nickel:
On the way home from Indiana, I stopped in a park in Ohio and found a ring (will post pics later) plus this Canadian Pocket Spill. Notice the 60 year seperation in dates.
1933 One Cent:
1991 One Cent:
Finally, last week I found this in my change:
1964 Roosevelt:
I took this as a good omen, and went out on Monday in my hometown in PA and found my FIRST SILVER COINS!:
1946 Roosevelt:
1964 Washington:
Went back to the same spot yesterday, I haven't even touched one percent of the available land, and found these (plus another ring which I will post later as well):
191? Mercury Dime:
1962 Roosevelt:
So, lots of first for this newbie, and finally that elusive silver coinage. They look awesome coming out of the ground, right?
Upvote
0







