What's new

Some finds from the Peace river 4/19

Perico

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
333
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
I could use some help with the identification of the 3 individuals. Especially the small horse tooth. I'm hoping it is of the 3 toed variety. Would be the first for my collection. The next looks like a fish scale but I have never seen one that thick. No clue on the last. Thanks guys!
 

Attachments

  • image-2897848857.webp
    image-2897848857.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2199745739.webp
    image-2199745739.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3757448184.webp
    image-3757448184.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3628503698.webp
    image-3628503698.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 121
  • image-4116972920.webp
    image-4116972920.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3765379391.webp
    image-3765379391.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3834095301.webp
    image-3834095301.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image-889173082.webp
    image-889173082.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 118
I could use some help with the identification of the 3 individuals. Especially the small horse tooth. I'm hoping it is of the 3 toed variety. Would be the first for my collection. The next looks like a fish scale but I have never seen one that thick. No clue on the last. Thanks guys!

Seems to be a three toed horse lower. The second is a ray dermal denticle. The third is a fragment of a plastral element of the soft-shelled turtle, Apalone ferox.
raydenticles.webpturtleapaloneskull.webp​
 

Attachments

  • turtle_apalone_costal.webp
    turtle_apalone_costal.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 114
Thanks so much Harry! That is my first 3 toe for me. That makes it a great trip for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom