What's new

Some finds

lastfling

Greenie
Joined
Sep 3, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest Piedmont NC
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I’d share a few of my finds. I believe most are Archaic. If any stand out as to type please let me know. They all are from Northern Fairfield County, SC. It’s what happens during a lull in deer hunting [emoji4]

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568311398.505631.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568311434.956697.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568311452.508222.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568311474.825430.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568311493.493373.webp

Thanks for looking.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome. Thanks for indicating the area where these were found. A size reference such as a known coin or ruler in the pics would be very helpful. I'll take a stab at some. 3rd pic @ 1:00--Kirk Corner Notched or Palmer (9000-6000 YBP). 4th pic bottom row two on the right Guilford Yuma (7500-5000 YBP). Last pic--oval pieces are Guilford Round Base (6500-5000 YBP).
 
Last edited:
Thanks, I’ll keep the size reference in mind next time. I believe the 1st pic bottom row are Savanna River - possibly second row far right also. I’m not so sure of others. For size reference the bottom center one is 3 1/2”
 
Thanks, I’ll keep the size reference in mind next time. I believe the 1st pic bottom row are Savanna River - possibly second row far right also. I’m not so sure of others. For size reference the bottom center one is 3 1/2”

OK, I agree with you with one exception--1st pic, bottom center looks like a Benton although I think you are out of the distribution area. I couldn't comment on them all individually because of all the key strokes it takes to convey what I want to say. Same is true with everyone else too. You get more responses if you only post a few at a time in separate threads.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to tnet Ill tell ya I dont have a clue but lots of wise people on here
 
OK, I agree with you with one exception--1st pic, bottom center looks like a Benton although I think you are out of the distribution area. I couldn't comment on them all individually because of all the key strokes it takes to convey what I want to say. Same is true with everyone else too. You get more responses if you only post a few at a time in separate threads.

Noted - thanks -- less is more.
 
Noted - thanks -- less is more.

Or...
More info (more photos and more back-story) per artifact. They all beg for a close examination.

That’s a good group though, showing similar types and color of materials in the area you’ve found them. That’s good info too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom