What's new

Some fossils from Richmond, Kentucky

StoneHunter

Full Member
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
125
Reaction score
344
Golden Thread
0
Location
NoVa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow rock hunters!

I recently drove my son to Richmond, Kentucky as he is starting college at Eastern Kentucky University. While visiting for open house back in late June, I had the opportunity to check out a nearby creek. I discovered the rocky bank to contain an exposed fossil bed. On that trip I picked up a softball sized peanut butter colored stone of what I'm sure is chert. I'll have to post a pic of it in the near future.

During this latest trip, I took my trusty rock hammer with me and was able to collect a few slabs of fossil bearing stone. Wifey has already confiscated a couple for her garden.

Anywho, enjoy!

20180630_141146.webp 20180817_120929.webp 20180817_115659.webp 20180820_175702.webp
20180820_175359.webp 20180817_114038.webp 20180820_175334.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom