some good finds today

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
hello, we got ous for a bit today.i got my first signal about 5 minuts into swinging the coil, and dug somekind of foreign coin and then we got another signal, and got some kind of a token i need to clean it up some more. then we went to an old dump my wife found and i picked up an old clay pipe, and a old foss bottle. thanks all "god bless"

Attachments

• P9070001 [800x600].jpg
    P9070001 [800x600].jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 675
  • P9070004 [800x600].jpg
    P9070004 [800x600].jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 680
  • P9070008 [800x600].jpg
    P9070008 [800x600].jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 670
  • P9070024 [800x600].jpg
    P9070024 [800x600].jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 669
  • P9070015 [800x600].jpg
    P9070015 [800x600].jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 671
  • P9070011 [800x600].jpg
    P9070011 [800x600].jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 673
  • P9070010 [800x600].jpg
    P9070010 [800x600].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 667
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds.

Cool Chinese Cache Coin & Token !

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Lord if I could only find things like you do. Congrats on that clay pipe.

Burdie

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Nice finds! Are you from Maine? I noticed that bottle. I was just wondering.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pipe. I have a guy, in the UK, that would ID the stamp and markings on the pipe, giving you the pipe maker and period it was made. Doesn't cost you anything, but is interesting to date the piece. He likes to see them. :headbang: Some of them, even broken off, such as your stem, still have value. His E-Mail is "Claypipepeter". I think he is @AOL. Would have to look it up. Congrats...........Hogge

OP
OP
B

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
hello, yes i am from bangor i used to be "bangorguy" but there was a guy on the forum that kept sending me some pretty bad stuff so i changed my id lol. so i gave it a few days then made a new id. i would like to thank you all for standing behind me about the yard sale find, and i "apologize" if i have offended anyone here. i love this forum, and you are all a good bunch of people. its good to be back on my favorite forum, and to talk with all my friends."hogge" thank you for the info on the pipe i am going to try and get in touch with the guy maybe he can tell me more about it as we are very interested in it. i have dug a couple before but none with such a long stem. "burdie" are you on the east coast too. hi "spartacus53" thanks everyone. "god bless" ben & colleen

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg sweet finds , nice pipe stem

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottlecap4t2 said:
hello, yes i am from bangor i used to be "bangorguy" but there was a guy on the forum that kept sending me some pretty bad stuff so i changed my id lol. so i gave it a few days then made a new id. i would like to thank you all for standing behind me about the yard sale find, and i "apologize" if i have offended anyone here. i love this forum, and you are all a good bunch of people. its good to be back on my favorite forum, and to talk with all my friends."hogge" thank you for the info on the pipe i am going to try and get in touch with the guy maybe he can tell me more about it as we are very interested in it. i have dug a couple before but none with such a long stem. "burdie" are you on the east coast too. hi "spartacus53" thanks everyone. "god bless" ben & colleen

Welcome Back ben & colleen.
I Don't want to change the tone of your Post
But just a quick note:
If anyone Harasses you here & Refuses to
stop, Please report them.
I Can make their membership here short :icon_pirat:

Not sure on the age of your
charms candy Premium.

Probably 30's or 40's

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
It is a 'Yi Jiao' (one Jiao). It is 1/10 of a Yuan. The Yuan is the Chinese dollar. It is an ancient coin of Ming period and later. There are many on Ebay for sale that may be real but most are reproductions. The Jiao is now paper and a much smaller note than the Yuan. There are also 5 Jiao notes as well. Good information for those of you going to China for a vacation. Ni wei shao putonghua ma? ( Do you speak Mandarin?)

OP
OP
B

bottlecap4t2

Aug 28, 2009
hello everyone. just wanted to say thank you to "jeff of pa" i will make sure and take your advise if this person does this anymore. me and the wife love our forum here. we are glad to be back so we can read all the post and see what people have found,and post what we have found. thanks again jeff. hello "arizonaames" how on earth did you find out what kind of coin that was lol. when was the Ming period? that was the second one i have dug this year one was found in the woods about two miles from this one. i wounder if they are real or reproductions i dug this one at about 9" can you tell me what the real ones are made of, and what the reproductions are made from thank you for all the great info on these coins i appreciate all the info i can get as i don't know a darn thing about foreign coins lol. thanks everyone have a great day. "god bless" ben & colleen.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
bottlecap4t2 said:
hello everyone. just wanted to say thank you to "jeff of pa" i will make sure and take your advise if this person does this anymore. me and the wife love our forum here. we are glad to be back so we can read all the post and see what people have found,and post what we have found. thanks again jeff. hello "arizonaames" how on earth did you find out what kind of coin that was lol. when was the Ming period? that was the second one i have dug this year one was found in the woods about two miles from this one. i wounder if they are real or reproductions i dug this one at about 9" can you tell me what the real ones are made of, and what the reproductions are made from thank you for all the great info on these coins i appreciate all the info i can get as i don't know a darn thing about foreign coins lol. thanks everyone have a great day. "god bless" ben & colleen.

Glad your back!!!! kinda wondered what happened,, I have dug a couple of those square holed coins and always wondered how old they were.
Those are some good I.H. also,, will be lookin for more of your stuff,,,

thanks

arthur

Attachments

• For100x50Avatar.jpg
    For100x50Avatar.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 341
  • For100x50Avatar.jpg
    For100x50Avatar.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 339

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The holed coin you found is a Chinese coin, 1736-1795....that's without looking, so the date may be a year or two off. The back side has just the two Chinese characters. The one on the right is the mintmark, and it is the second most found mintmark from China. The other large coin is Chinese, too. If they were found close to each other, in the same proximity, then there is a good chance that it is a good coin, too. But, like one of the previous people who posted here said, that there were many many forgeries made/still being made, and unfortunately sold to unsuspecting people. Still, a nice find, and if not a fake, then a very nice find. (Clean it up, and post those pics......someone who has some expertise on that coin will be able to tell you......I can't.)
Great finds, and yes,,,,welcome back. Saw the post that I think you were referring to, and as soon as I read the other fellow's post, I thought his was a little much. (I'm a Christian layman, with a Christian school here in S. KOrea, and I would never endorse his idea, or his attitude.......and I thought the way you handled it was very nice, but he was out to prove a point, and
there was no way he was going to change his tune.)
Hope you can find some other nice foreign coins/U.S. coins in that same area you are hunting.......surprised me to see you finding Chinese coins in Maine....... :thumbsup:

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
bottlecap4t2 said:

Ben,

The forgeries are such that it would take an expert to know and even then, they are often fooled. When in China and you want to change money, do NOT do so on the street for a better rate because the fake yuan notes and american dollars are perfect except they are fake. I brought back a real amulet that a businessman would carry on his belt. It is a jade Buddha. If you go to Ebay, you will see a ton of them. However, mine is real. I also bought a Ming bronze statue from a collection of seven. Gee......I guess someone must have stolen it. I paid $3 for it.

Attachments

• bronze figurine.jpg
    bronze figurine.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 298

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread