What's new

Some holiday finds

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I got out some over the holidays. Found some small things at the lake

image-1989762112.webp

What a pretty day that was! I also got some insitu pics. Check them out. Nothing great, but worth a look. I also have a piece that I'm uncertain of. I'm going to post it here first. If no one knows what it could be I'll put it in the mineral or rock place.

image-2918253176.webp



image-1944327023.webp



image-3368067340.webp



image-1531840815.webp



image-1038191953.webp



image-1038191953.webp



image-3881632458.webp



image-3165411111.webp

A couple of pestles and a hammer stone.

image-3956915425.webp



image-357021589.webp



image-2264764633.webp



image-4452951.webp



image-4120049441.webp

Insitu pics

image-4087265254.webp



image-478998969.webp



image-3731541381.webp



image-2274979140.webp



image-51422637.webp



image-1615680327.webp



image-4255694565.webp



image-1102159110.webp



image-588317837.webp



image-906281526.webp



image-3102891816.webp



image-1254487060.webp



image-2477501623.webp



image-3571590711.webp



image-2022973652.webp



image-3133365647.webp



image-18272152.webp



image-3550040154.webp



image-2898754671.webp



image-3089282664.webp



image-4003224703.webp



image-3013810339.webp

What is this??

image-2443478017.webp



image-2491143328.webp



image-2294154435.webp



image-3862726941.webp



image-836945124.webp



image-867686532.webp

Thanks and happy hunting/new year!!
 
Upvote 0
It is rather puzzling that NC is on my ''Friends List'', but he totally ignores me. :icon_scratch: Oh Well!
sorry Digger! I use my phone app for t-net. Friends only show up when I log in on my PC. If friends do show up on the app., someone tell me how to find them. You know it's not like that Digger! Lol!
 
Wow Rusty, very cool. Is that soapstone or is it harder? That's a very cool piece either way.
its soapstone Joe. Since you said it, I feel sure of it. I have argued with pops, and my uncle. They said it wasn't soapstone. I know dang well it is. It's rather soft, but not so soft that it crumbles. Thanks for making me a little more sure here.
 
Nice to see some insitus at last of todays finds! Great hunt N.C. A lot of variety there and good pics. I swear the one piece looks like turkey tracks all over it. It may be an abrader don't know. It may be a fossil of tracks in the mud :tongue3: HH
the tracks in the mud I don't feel is a far shot Richard. I think if Digger isn't spot on (I hope he is) it's a fossil. The trilobite fossil that I found is in the same type of stone. Soapstone, I'm pretty sure it's soapstone!!
 
nice finds i like the yellow one also, looks like some good flaking on it,be carefull out there man.
 
Surprised you can find any shoreline up on that lake! Down this way the lakes are all so high the ramps are "level" if not pointing upwards! That last piece, is it soapstone? Looks like it is in the picture and has some old plow marks on it, just a thought.
 
Surprised you can find any shoreline up on that lake! Down this way the lakes are all so high the ramps are "level" if not pointing upwards! That last piece, is it soapstone? Looks like it is in the picture and has some old plow marks on it, just a thought.
i didn't think about the shore until I got to the lake after the rain. Two days before, plenty of shore line. The day I found the soapstone, no shore. I found the soapstone at the lake on the day with no shore. Their are plenty of red clay banks along the road in sight of the lake. That's where I found the soapstone and a couple of the points. The top of a red clay hill. I'm thinking a plow is unlikely. I'm pretty sure the piece is an abrader after digger called it, along with a little studying. I'm checking water levels right now! Doesn't look like a decent lake within 75 miles of me. Lol!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom