What's new

Some holiday finds

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I got out some over the holidays. Found some small things at the lake

image-1989762112.webp

What a pretty day that was! I also got some insitu pics. Check them out. Nothing great, but worth a look. I also have a piece that I'm uncertain of. I'm going to post it here first. If no one knows what it could be I'll put it in the mineral or rock place.

image-2918253176.webp



image-1944327023.webp



image-3368067340.webp



image-1531840815.webp



image-1038191953.webp



image-1038191953.webp



image-3881632458.webp



image-3165411111.webp

A couple of pestles and a hammer stone.

image-3956915425.webp



image-357021589.webp



image-2264764633.webp



image-4452951.webp



image-4120049441.webp

Insitu pics

image-4087265254.webp



image-478998969.webp



image-3731541381.webp



image-2274979140.webp



image-51422637.webp



image-1615680327.webp



image-4255694565.webp



image-1102159110.webp



image-588317837.webp



image-906281526.webp



image-3102891816.webp



image-1254487060.webp



image-2477501623.webp



image-3571590711.webp



image-2022973652.webp



image-3133365647.webp



image-18272152.webp



image-3550040154.webp



image-2898754671.webp



image-3089282664.webp



image-4003224703.webp



image-3013810339.webp

What is this??

image-2443478017.webp



image-2491143328.webp



image-2294154435.webp



image-3862726941.webp



image-836945124.webp



image-867686532.webp

Thanks and happy hunting/new year!!
 
Upvote 0
Before you put that last one in the rock pile send it to me :tongue3:
 
I like your introductory photo! Nice! :icon_thumleft: Looks like you found some pretty neat finds. I really like that little scraper, broken point, and that abrader is a dandy of a find. :icon_thumright:
 
Old digger says abrader
 
Dang you found some good stuff
 
Very nice NC,
The golden point in your palm in the middle pics. is very nice.
Would like to see some more of it.
Glad you made it out, all snow here.
Congrats..
 
I agree with digger a def shaft abrader that thing is sweet can I have it lol ;)
 
Nice finds NC- Maybe what Old Digger said-abrader - sharpen bone awls and things
 
Very nice NC, The golden point in your palm in the middle pics. is very nice. Would like to see some more of it. Glad you made it out, all snow here. Congrats..
ill try to get you a few more pics when I make it home. Thanks for looking guys. Ncnursery, I'll probably hit falls again this weekend. If you want to go, let me know. Digger, abrader has gone through my mind. Seems likely to abrade bases. Kirk points are found a lot around that lake. Of about 5 points from there, 3 were Kirks.
 
I agree with digger a def shaft abrader that thing is sweet can I have it lol ;)
yeah, I'll break it! Send Rock half and you the other! Sounds fair! I wish I had a pic or video of me falling off the eroded lake shore. About a 3 1/2 foot drop. My feet got tangled in tree roots that were hiding a nice little Kirk. I wasn't looking at my next step, just the point. I fell like an old man. It took me 9 minutes to complete the fall. I really would post it if I could, it was hilarious!
 
ill try to get you a few more pics when I make it home. Thanks for looking guys. Ncnursery, I'll probably hit falls again this weekend. If you want to go, let me know. Digger, abrader has gone through my mind. Seems likely to abrade bases. Kirk points are found a lot around that lake. Of about 5 points from there, 3 were Kirks.
I'm up for it. Just let me know when and where.
 
Hahaha you know I was walking creek head down hat on walked right into a broke 8 inch tree stub sticking out of gravel head high almost knocked me out I looked around to see if anyone was lookin
 
I get poked in the eye all the time not looking where I am going by limbs, lol and eat some webs.
 
I get poked almost once a trip in eye haha did you know that yellow jackets hunt and kill those pesky summertime colorful spiders that build those webs in the woods
 
It is rather puzzling that NC is on my ''Friends List'', but he totally ignores me. :icon_scratch: Oh Well!
 
Wow Rusty, very cool. Is that soapstone or is it harder? That's a very cool piece either way.
 
Nice to see some insitus at last of todays finds! Great hunt N.C. A lot of variety there and good pics. I swear the one piece looks like turkey tracks all over it. It may be an abrader don't know. It may be a fossil of tracks in the mud :tongue3:
HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom