Some June finds from Pennsylvania

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Congratulations everyone on all the finds! Hope you got some more this weekend.
Here are some of the things I've picked up recently...
Picture 1 is a rectangular flint piece (maybe a gunflint?), a small fish-shaped point (the tip's broken off), a triangle point cracked in half, and some pottery.
Picture 2 is, I think, three net sinkers. I found them in the same area and they look almost like a set.
Picture 3 is a strange smooth, chipped rock that reminds me of the celts that are posted here occasionally. Any ideas?
Picture 4 is also a weird one. I thought this was fabric marked pottery, but it is very, very thin and light. A friend suggested it's just an old piece of asbestos. I'd better not eat it. :)

Attachments

• artifacts 061808b.jpg
    artifacts 061808b.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 272
  • sinkers.jpg
    sinkers.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 275
  • possiblecelt.jpg
    possiblecelt.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 274
  • possiblepottery.jpg
    possiblepottery.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MarkDz, nice finds. I agree that those are Net Sinker Weights and three very nice ones at that. The black stone looks like a Celt preform to me. It looks like they were beginning to peck the blade onto it and you can see some marks on the body where they started to polish the piece. As for the last piece, it's hard to tell from your pictures if it's Pottery or not, but it looks like it might possibly be.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, cool, I agree with DF, and that last relic would be an odd pottery pattern, but that is what it looks like, nice finds~ ::)

OP
OP
MarkDz

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Thanks... glad you like 'em!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread