What's new

some kids trash = my treasure

bourassa5

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Went to dump today and waited in line some little kid and his mom were dumping and after they were done he said momy these coins have a one cent on the back and they won't count them and then she said I think they are too dirty so we threw them in the trash. I was like what could it be I dumped and went to the trash and picked up the two wheats let be hold they were1943 steel wheats two of them I was happy. 3rd in two days
 
Upvote 0
Nice find!! Their loss, your gain. :thumbsup:
 
Knowledge is power, and thanks to her, more good old coins will slip through into our hands. Nice grab!
 
Too bad mommy reinforced that kids thinking.....
He'll probably go around throwing away dirty pennies for the rest of his life now. Kind of a waste me thinks.
 
Oh well, people like him and his mother are part of the reason this hobby can still survive! I say let him throw as many coins away as he wants! (As long as those coins make it into the coin counter and they get rolled up.)

-Codes
 
Codes, I think bourassa5 said they actually threw em into the trash can. Sounds like they were at a coin counting machine, and the machine wouldn't take em cause they were "too dirty" so they tossed em.
 
Always check the trash. Always.

-Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom