What's new

Some Kind of Happy Dance Under The Apple Tree

Nana40

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
11,488
Reaction score
285
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody's gonna have to tie my feet to the ground!

OK...new site....started out on the back 40 by the barn. Got tired of hauling the shovel around and digging great big holes only to find car tags and such had been distributed around, about two feet under. So I headed for the front yard of the house. Was getting late, and I knew the ballgame was coming on at 6:30, so I was trying to hurry around and see what I was in for there. After about 15 minutes I was huntin under one of the old apple trees and dug this BUTTONNNNNN! I was rolling around on the ground like that little baby jenny! :D My newest favorite find. ;D I thought...I just gotta stay a few more minutes! Dug all kinds of stuff...some stuff I don't even know what it is. :D Got a wheat and a little tin...kinda like the ones that the Bayer asprin come in. I haven't opened it yet. Somebody PLEASE tell me what the button is for sure. :) I don't have a clue as to how to clean it properly either. I just ran some water over it and brushed it lightly with a toothbrush. After yesterday's fiasco with that button, I figured I better leave well enough alone. ;) What a day...Nana's so happy.
 

Attachments

  • 0928rollingontheground.webp
    0928rollingontheground.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,535
  • 0928momand baby.webp
    0928momand baby.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,500
  • 0928dayonthefarm.webp
    0928dayonthefarm.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,436
Upvote 0
MORE
 

Attachments

  • 0928appletree.webp
    0928appletree.webp
    76.4 KB · Views: 3,455
  • 0928uncleanedbutton.webp
    0928uncleanedbutton.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,613
  • 0928semicleanedbutton.webp
    0928semicleanedbutton.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 3,438
MORE
 

Attachments

  • 0928finds.webp
    0928finds.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,652
  • 0928buttontin.webp
    0928buttontin.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 3,347
WOW !

I hope your done Posting, I can't Wait !

Beautiful Button Nana.
 
Done ;D
 
Super Nana! I don't know what the button is but one of the guys will come up with it I'm sure.

As for cleaning I cast my vote for water soak only. I'm now using distilled water soak exclusively.

Congrats,

Badger
 
Nana,

very nice; that button looks special.

You done good again.

Nice pics, thanks for posting.

have a good un.....................
 
Congrats Nana! She's a beauty for sure.
Hope the tin has a golden headache cure it too.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Very Nice Button....Is it one piece or what is on the back of it.! Very very cool! Love the donkeys!
 
Nana,

W :o W!! Fantastic find...the button looks old. Hopefully someone will ID soon.

Love those pics too.

;) RR
 
I don't know what the back is made of Gypsy. :'( It has a bunch a dirt on it, and I don't want to mess up! :P

Thanks ya'll! :)
 
Hey Nana.........That is one great find and I think it is older than a union Civil war Eagle buttons that we have seen. The Eagle looks like some of the early buttons in the 1800's .......I will look it up for you shorlty here in some of the books I have....Congrats on an Excellent find!!! I hope its a rare one! Great Pics also. :o :o
 
i was thinking it may be a Union infantry button but seeker might be right about it predating the war. pbk will know what it is for sure. awesome find nan!
 
Great find Nana but watch where your rollin on the ground.(With all them Burros around)..Joe
 
OPEN IT! OPEN IT!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom