What's new

some mid Ontario Canada finds

Glenn C

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
422
Reaction score
226
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These were found about 10 minutes away from where I am. The 3 celts were river finds so they have had better days. The 3rd one would have been huge but has taken a beating. I'll be digging this area next spring. Hopefully come across whole ones. I also am showing 3 points. 2 from the area and small one is from mexico.
Also a nice bone button in the mix. A shale flake knife of some sort. Seems yo be worked and smooth.

Found a pile of pottery as well.

These were finds of hunting partner I have out here. Thought I'd share.

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131025_153315.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153315.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153353.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153353.webp
    135 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153440.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153440.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 105
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153512.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153512.webp
    108.7 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153605.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153605.webp
    113.9 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153645.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153645.webp
    112.9 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
A few more pictures
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131025_153833.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153833.webp
    110.5 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153910.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153910.webp
    96.9 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20131025_153953.webp
    ForumRunner_20131025_153953.webp
    119.8 KB · Views: 90
Did you try to carve that pumpkin?
Nice finds!
 
nice pottery designs on those shards. looks like its going to be a great area for you.
 
Wow. Great looking stuff. I am with Rock on that pottery. That is some nice stuff. Still a good "bit" on that celt. Strong flaking styles. Very nice.
 
Nice finds Glenn. The points, celts and pottery all are very nice.
 
Those are awesome finds Glenn, that pottery is awesome.
You are going to find terrific stuff, the shards look like it might be from the same dish.
Congrats on some great finds...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom