What's new

Some more fun whatsits whats old park...

Bushido Dude

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
304
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two items here up for discussion. The first I'm pretty sure is a percussion cap and flattened bullet...but I could be wrong. The second, no clue. Has some structure within the metal, almost like cast iron. And has a nice gold/bronze color on the outside. Its broken...a piece of something...any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • pcap1.webp
    pcap1.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 353
  • pcap2.webp
    pcap2.webp
    42 KB · Views: 338
  • pcapandbullet.webp
    pcapandbullet.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 335
  • bullet1.webp
    bullet1.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 336
  • whatisit5.webp
    whatisit5.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 328
  • whatisit4.webp
    whatisit4.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 327
  • whatisit3.webp
    whatisit3.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 325
  • whatisit2.webp
    whatisit2.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 349
  • whatisit1.webp
    whatisit1.webp
    43 KB · Views: 344
  • bullet2.webp
    bullet2.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 329
  • whatisit6.webp
    whatisit6.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 320
First is a starter cap (or blank) and the second looks like a broken peice of pot metal...
 
Upvote 0
stefen said:
First is a starter cap (or blank) ...
Yep thats what it is. Its a blank used in a nail gun. I have a strip of them in my warehouse somewhere. Blankcartridge.webp
Its a rimfire .22 caliber and I can see the firing pin mark.
Its a very weak load.
 
Upvote 0
The second thing is some kind of smashed bullet. I can see a couple rings near the bottom. The brass looking piece might be bronze and looks like part of a wreath.
 
Upvote 0
.22 cal. or 5mm rimfire blank (starter pistol or percussive stud driver).

Flattenned .22LR bullet.

Broken piece of pot metal from cabinet pull/handle or decorative stand, etc.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom