Some more good finds today!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was one of those days where we decide to hunt a different park that dates back to the 1940s or so we believe. I was going along and getting nothing and walk to a different area right up near one of the areas where they have picnic tables under a roof.

Prior to this we were all digging memorials in the 5-6" deep range. I get a signal at about 4" deep and dig the plug hoping that I could find an area with a wheat and pray for some silver nearby. Turn the plug over and see a coin.... It's an 1889 Indian Head penny.... Right next to it at the same depth I dig a 1919 wheat penny. Then when it was all said and done from a little 10x10 area I dug 2 more indian heads (1889 and 1909) and 6 more wheats (1910, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19). It was a little hot spot full of old coins. And a few feet away from this area at the same depth I get a silver signal and told Lee "Now here is my silver!" Dig the plug... 4" down see a silver edge of a dime.... We were thinking barber or early mercury... 1939, haha, oh well.

I also found a play dime that is actually dated 1950. Never seen one of those before. After I've gone over this tiny little area a dozen times I move some more and start digging more memorials at 5" deep or deeper.

I then got a penny sounding signal and dug that 1946 canadian nickel. Is there some silver content in it? It was about 5" deep around a spot that produced a couple 1940s wheaties. The reason I ask is because of the signal it gave me and that it came out clean and not all rusty red like nickels normally do.

Then I dug that little medal that has no markings but I'm pretty sure it is silver.

And then I got that little metal coin holder. It fits two nickels on the inside. It is spring loaded. I dug a 1940s wheat at about 5" deep and this was another couple inches deeper right underneath it. Sadly there was no nickel inside of it :(

Totals...

3 indians
11 wheats
1 mercury
17 memorials
1 canadian nickel
1 jefferson nickel

10-29-06-2.JPG

10-29-06.JPG

Upvote 0
More great finds from the king of IH's!!!!!!! If I remember right, you started waterhunting this summer-how did you like this? Living in MI, I can't imagine the finds being nearly as good as those East coast finds-Just wondering if you liked it & if you had any success-or if you preferred sticking to land hunting (coin shooting)

renegade_7 said:
Wow, a great day indeed. I like your finds, especially the IH's. How do get yours so clean and presentable? Really looking good.

Most of them come out of the ground pretty nice and to clean them I just take a toothbrush and some olive oil and scrub them up.

knapper said:
bscofield6 i want you to come to Atlanta and show me how to find silver like you do. mike in Atlanta

I would love to hunt down in Georgia! Much older area than what I have to hunt here. Finding OLD silver would really get me going!! I just might have to make a trip down there sometime!!

TJPOPELKA said:
More great finds from the king of IH's!!!!!!! If I remember right, you started waterhunting this summer-how did you like this? Living in MI, I can't imagine the finds being nearly as good as those East coast finds-Just wondering if you liked it & if you had any success-or if you preferred sticking to land hunting (coin shooting)

I went out 4 times I think at a local beach. Each time I found a ring and ended up with 7 total I think. 2 10k gold rings and one sterling. I would love to be able to hunt the water everyday if I could! I prefer coin shooting on land when hunting in old areas, but if I have nowhere new to hunt I would prefer to be out in the water then going over the same old parks again and again.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! :) Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back